How to see what scripts are running on me?

LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I entered a location today that popped up a message saying I had too many scripts and had to lower them or leave or I would be removed.  By clicking on various items I was wearing I finally found that my necklace has a resize script in every prim, which is likey what caused me to exceed that place's limit.

Is there a way to see all of the scripts that I have and which HUDs/objects contain them - other than manually editing and checking each prim of each item?

ETA - I'm using Firestorm, if that matters.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

15 answers to this question

Strange as it sounds, open About Land (or its Firestorm equivalent) and look at the bottom of the General page.  There are three buttons there.  Click the Script Info button and then the Avatar option.  Quoting the Firestorm wiki:

This tab shows script information about the attachments you are wearing. Again, the information is presented in the form of a list, with columns:

• Size (kb): Indicates how much memory is used by the script(s) in the object.
  • URLs: Indicates how many URL(s) the object is using.
  • Object Name: Name of the scripted object.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lil, you can probably solve the problem with the necklace, or any item that has that "resize scripts in every prim" type of construction.

1. Make a safety copy of the item.
  2. Wear the "working copy"
  3. Resize, recolor, and otherwise edit the item to your satisfaction
  4. The item's menu will have a choice like "delete" or "remove scripts".  Click it.  You'll get a caution message asking you if you really want to permanently delete all the scripts in the item.  Tell it yes.
  • Like 1

Top menu bar of Firestorm: World -> Area Search
Filter tab: Exclude Objects -> Untick Attachment
Filter tab: Only list objects that are -> Tick Attachment
Find tab: Owner -> Enter your user name.

Go back to List tab - this will now only list your worn attachments including HUDs.

Shift select all attachments in the list.
Right click selection -> Script info.

This will print out script info for each of your attachments including the total number of scripts & number of running scripts in each.

7a8b982250a94b9490745150244696f8.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Now if only it was smart enough to tell me how many scripts are in each of the objects it lists.

Scripts compiled in LSL tend to report 'actual memory used' in sizes that are multiples of 4kb or 8 kb. Scripts compiled in MONO, as many are now, report 'theoretical max memory used' at 64kb per script, so you can sort of guestimate script counts on many things, "ahha its running 5 x 64kb mono scripts"

• Like 1

On 4/30/2017 at 9:05 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I did finally fix the item in question, once I found it.  However,at the time I got the pop-up message, it would have been nice if I could have immediately pulled up something that would have given me a list of all worn objects containing scripts and how many each had.  The message gave me 60 seconds to reduce my scripts - not a lot of time for checking all attached objects (or maybe I'm just slow at editing each one and checking it). Instead, I ended up being sent home and had to finish up the checking there.

To get more time, sit down. Most of the eject scripts cannot eject you if you are sitting.

But, I think it is better to leave, fix the problem and return. I'm a premium member so it is a bit easier for me to get into crowded places. I'm less tempted to be stubborn about leaving.

• Like 1

I did finally fix the item in question, once I found it.  However,at the time I got the pop-up message, it would have been nice if I could have immediately pulled up something that would have given me a list of all worn objects containing scripts and how many each had.  The message gave me 60 seconds to reduce my scripts - not a lot of time for checking all attached objects (or maybe I'm just slow at editing each one and checking it). Instead, I ended up being sent home and had to finish up the checking there.

20 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

@Whirly Fizzle - YES, that gives me exactly what I was looking for.  I can click through the list faster than editing every item attached and checking indivdual prims.  Thanks !!!

Just found a probable bug while looking at this actually.  No mesh Maitreya attachment will display in area search.  Old sculpt Maitreya content displays.
No idea why this is yet. Only Maitrya mesh attachments seem to be affected.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
typo

14 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Just found a probable bug while looking at this actually.  No mesh Maitreya attachment will display in area search.  Old sculpt Maitreya content displays.
No idea why this is yet. Only Maitrya mesh attachments seem to be affected.

Der - ok false alarm.
Newer Maitreya attachments are set to temporary & probably some other creators do this with attachments too.
So under the Filter tab: Exclude objects  -> untick "Temporary" too.

• Like 2

A wonderful solution is go to Avatar -> Avatar Health -> Scripts  :)

It gives you a list including size, urls, name of object and location.   Unlike using area search that only lists the scripts of objects inworld, this list also includes your HUD's.   Commonly your Head Customization HUD will be the biggest culprit for number and size of scripts, then your Body Hud, some sexual animation huds and gaming HUD's can be bad especially if they are old (Scan scripting ((Vampire HUDs)) being the worst at creating lag for everyone).  

As a personal pic about auto eviction for scripts especially as scripts is small lag compared to complexity and render load.  I fail to see why so many RP sims often require a combat HUD and then have such low script limits that you can use little else once you add their HUD and any weapons to your Mesh Avi.  Forcing us to abandon all our other huds that make RP'ing worth while, especially if your rocking a mesh avatar along with it's facial ani hud and all that.   I even found one place that once you had two guns and their combat system on you would get warnings to lower your count.  Then they have no limits on complexity where the real lag comes from.   Might as well make your RP Region system avi's only. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.