RLV name length workaround?

AnnabelleDovelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all!

I hope I'm putting this thread in the right place.... but as said in the title, is there a workaround for the RLV open-collar name length issue? It can only take names that are up to 24 characters... and my name is longer. The result is my horse and I cannot do the 'lead around' thing that we want to. Does anyone know of a work around for this? (my horse is pretty set on the rlv thing, becuase I can lead him around and choose what tack to put on him and everything)... or maybe where I can get the rlv code so I can try to find one myself? I know nothing about scripting... but I read somewhere that the problem has something to do with the buttons on the menu that pops up? 

It seems to me that there should be a work around somewhere for it... I would greatly appreciate any advice!!

-Anna.

That sounds to me as if you've run up against the llDialog limitation that the labels on buttons can be no more than 24 characters long.   There are a couple of work-rounds but I'm not sufficiently familiar with the OC scripts to suggest how to implement them in this case.   If you contact one of the Open Collar devs (maybe ask in the Open Collar group inworld) someone can probably fix it for the update.   

I'm a bit surprised that the only way for your horse to follow you is by him using his dialog menu, though.   I'd have thought it should be possible both for him to grant you the appropriate rights to command him, and for you then to issue commands, entirely by chat commands.   Maybe take another look at the Open Collar Manual (or ask in the OC group)?

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 1

I was going to suggest a simple string replace, but then I realized it was probably something to do with system stuff and not just data written to script memory... I'm glad someone posted though, it was such a lonely thread, all forlorn. It was all I could do to hold off on trying to help.

<-<;  <-- useless

Edited by Berksey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.