need live help

CallMeRory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Rolig's right. But, if you believe the open viewer puts you at a substantial risk of account hacking, there might be a workaround. File a Support Case here...

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Select "Account issue" from the first drop down and "I believe my account has been compromised" from the second.

In the box where you are to "Please describe the issue", apologize profusely for having left a viewer open on an unsupervised machine and see if they can log it out. I have no idea whether this will work, nor whether they can log you out before anything nefarious happens, but it's probably worth a try if you truly feel you're at risk.

If this is just a matter of you not being able to log-in where you are right now, I recommend finding something else to do until you can get back to the machine in question and log-out.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

If you login your account on any viewer - you should be able to login world and the instance you left logged in should be logged off automatically.

Change your password though because if you left "remember my password" enabled when you logged in on the other computer, anyone with access to that computer will be able to login your avatar.

• Like 3

Well Whirly beat me to it. ANY time you try and log in to the viewer when you are already on (and I still do this fairly often) it closes out your other instance. You then just log in from your home (or wherever) computer. Not a biggie.  

Presumably the "other computer" was yours or a friends since most public computers will not let you run SL. So it is unlikely that any money will be transferred. But yes, logging off before leaving is a GOOD THING. 

A good lesson :D.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.