Age Verification

Fabuluz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 weeks ago I returned to SL.  Since then I've spent money, upgraded to Premium, purchased anything I wanted.  Adult , General - all of it.  Several days ago I chose one of the free houses given when upgrading to Premium.  Since then I can't purchase any Adult items.  If it's the region rating then can I give the house back and start over?   If this is about verifying age, why did that suddenly become an issue?  I'm in my 30's.  That should be enough for Adult matter.  I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong.

4 answers to this question

• Moderators
On 4/27/2017 at 5:39 PM, Fabuluz said:

3 weeks ago I returned to SL.  Since then I've spent money, upgraded to Premium, purchased anything I wanted.  Adult , General - all of it.  Several days ago I chose one of the free houses given when upgrading to Premium.  Since then I can't purchase any Adult items.  If it's the region rating then can I give the house back and start over?   If this is about verifying age, why did that suddenly become an issue?  I'm in my 30's.  That should be enough for Adult matter.  I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong.

Hi Fabuluz,

I do not see any blocks or holds on your account so you should be able to purchase Adult items. 

If you are having difficulty looking for Adult items on the Marketplace, your settings have to be "locked in" before those items will be shown.

The easiest way to do this is to change the drop down options to show General, Moderate, and Adult items, then enter a term into the Keywords/Search field then click on the Search button.

If there is an issue, the options will switch back to General, Moderate.  If there are no issues, the options will remain General, Moderate, Adult and all content will be visible and searchable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fabuluz said:

Since then I can't purchase any Adult items.

From the Market Place or from stores inworld or both?  The Market Place has a separate setting for the Adult rating, via a dropdown menu. Mine always resets to General and I have to change it - maybe that is normal.  Inworld the Adult setting impacts where you can go, not what you can do when you are there (i.e. it won't impact what you can buy in a store if you can get to the store).

ETA - Oh, and to change the market place setting to Adult, I'm pretty sure you have to be logged in.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

Simply getting a Linden Home should not affect your Maturity settings.  But, for your information, all Linden Homes are on Moderate regions.  That means no nude sunbathing on your deck!  If you got a Horizons Home, those are all on Adult regions.

Maturity settings are found in three places:

• Me\Preferences, General tab
  • In-world Search (CTRL+F)
  • On the Marketplace here on the website

If you find that any of the choices are "grayed out", you may need to file a Support Case.  This is a bug that sometimes crops up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.