Curiously long Lindxchange times

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I normally  buy some  L's monthly or so, and have for years, and it usually takes a few hours to go through. But this time, its saying "6 days". Now, I know how this works, but I'm not buying but a couple thousand L's, and its listing 78 million available at that price... its been over 3 days now. I was hoping it was  a fluke. Anybody know what's going on with it?

as far i know it's working as it should.

The LL limit buy exchange is not a shop but a real currency exchange, sellers and buyers come in one room and if there's a deal the transaction follows.

IF there are more transactions at the same rates is slows till the amount is gone.. but if there's one in bettween that offers a higher amount for Lindens, yours will be pushed backwards again because everybody of the sellers jumps on that guy...

If you want your money instantly, do a market buy instead of limit buy.

33 minutes ago, Erikk Steele said:

I normally  buy some  L's monthly or so, and have for years, and it usually takes a few hours to go through. But this time, its saying "6 days". Now, I know how this works, but I'm not buying but a couple thousand L's, and its listing 78 million available at that price... its been over 3 days now. I was hoping it was  a fluke. Anybody know what's going on with it?

The listing of 78 million available was the amount people are requesting to buy at that exchange rate. If you put in a buy order at that amount it won't be filled until all the other orders are filled. If you need the LIndens quickly you'll need to accept a slightly worse exchange rate; otherwise you can wait. Right now the exchange rate indicates that the demand for Lindens is a bit higher than normal - good for sellers, not so good for buyers.

It happened to me once....that an order didnt get filled. Its possible to cancel in that case. I just re-ordered.

The difference between the 'quick' buy method and the other exchange offer is so little (unless you buying huge amounts) its hardly worth waiting.  

2 hours ago, CheriColette said:

The difference between the 'quick' buy method and the other exchange offer is so little (unless you buying huge amounts) its hardly worth waiting.  

This.  Just cancel the order and submit an Instant Market Buy

13 hours ago, Erikk Steele said:

Do you offer your Lindens at the same rate that you used to? If so, you should be aware that the market rates have dropped quite a bit recently. There hasn't been a single transaction higher than 263 L$/dollar for over a month now so if you're asking for more than that, just forget it, you're not going to find a seller in 3 days or 6 days or anytime in the foreseeable future.

Edited by ChinRey
Minor correction and a typo
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.