Need help with my shoes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You have several options:

(1) Try reducing the size of your feet (right-click, edit appearance).

(2) Are you wearing mesh feet? If not, then wear the alpha layer which should be supplied with the shoes. If you are, then maybe you could remove the mesh feet and the alpha layer that hides the original feet.

(3) Alternatively, maybe you could resize the shoes. If you have modify permission, edit the shoes and increase their size as needed. Otherwise, some shoes have a resize menu which is activated by simply clicking on them.

Edited by angeoco
  • Like 1

Sometimes this can be solved by just moving the shoe, if it just sticks out of one side, you can sometimes move it a bit so the foot is centered within the shoe and does not stick out anywhere. If for example the feet only show through on the inside it might be possible to move the shoes in just a bit towards the center to get the inside of the foot hidden without exposing the outside of the foot.

A SL shoe for default feet is normally these parts:

A footshaper, looks like a brown shoe. This lift up your heel and presses the default foot together,

Two shoes that is two cubes,

and finally an alpha layer that hides the part of the foot that's under the shoe.

What I think, is that you by an accident was wearing another alpha layer that removed the shoes alpha layer. You should always use "add" on all alpha layers. "Add" is adding a new layer, "wear" is taking off the prior layer. You can use several alpha layers the same time, to hide various parts.

Open your shoes folder and see if your alpha layer is worn. I am sure it isn't. Just add it.

Edited by Marianne Little

9 minutes ago, JenniferAnneSL said:

Not certain this inquiry belongs n this commentary.  However, I have a Maiterya (sp?) body (Lara).  Her feet are always structured as if in heels, even if barefoot. Is that normal? How do I fix that? Thanks!

The feet that belong to the Maitreya mesh body can be changed with the HUD, that came with the body. They don't change themself, just because you put off your shoes. Wear the HUD and look for the feet option. You can change them to high, medium or flat. All 3 options are needed to properly wear different types of shoes.

30 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

The feet that belong to the Maitreya mesh body can be changed with the HUD, that came with the body. They don't change themself, just because you put off your shoes. Wear the HUD and look for the feet option. You can change them to high, medium or flat. All 3 options are needed to properly wear different types of shoes.

Thanks to you as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.