Detaching the firestorm bridge

JennyAstor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For some reason I'm being followed by a large, egg shaped 'rock' looking thing that I finally identified as the firestorm bridge. I tried to detach it but it says its protected and won't detach in the firestorm viewer. I am able to detach it in the SL viewer, but when I go back to firestorm it has returned. How to I detach it?

3 hours ago, JennyAstor said:

For some reason I'm being followed by a large, egg shaped 'rock' looking thing that I finally identified as the firestorm bridge. I tried to detach it but it says its protected and won't detach in the firestorm viewer. I am able to detach it in the SL viewer, but when I go back to firestorm it has returned. How to I detach it?

Your problem sounds like you are wearing a "Linden Lab's Medium Rock" on your avatar root, this is becayse your viewer cannot identify what the object (the old lsl bridge) is. This is due to inventory damage, probably caused by a crash or a bad logout (a common problem in Fartstorm). 

To FIX this, you need to clear your Fartstorm inventory cache (consult Fartstorm Support or an FS user for details on how to do this) then when you've relogged and your inventory has rebuilt itself you can detach and delete the old lsl bridge and create a new one.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.