I need some help with adding hand held objects as props, please

KrystalKandy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I make static poses and would like to add some props to said poses. Cell phones, bags etc etc but I am clueless as to how I go about making this work. If I attach a bag to my right hand for example, it's all over the place and a real issue trying to edit it in order to get it to sit where it should sit. Any help or a step by step guide to making this a little easier would be extremely appreciated (including pointing me in the direction of what script to use as well). 

Thanks in advance! 

Your post suggests that you are going about things the right way :D.  WHILE in your pose you simply right click on the object and choose Attach To> Right Hand (etc.).  From there you use the editing tools to rotate and place the object as you want it to look. THIS DOES TAKE PARCTICE.  After it is in the right spot, but SURE to detach and attach AGAIN in order to get it to "stick" at the rotation and placement you have defined.

There are no scripts necessary. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

I ended up doing exactly that and you are right, with a bit of practice I finally got it. Thanks very much for your reply!! :)

I did however, end up playing around by putting a script AND my pose "into" the object so when I attach the object it auto poses me. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.