Touch on hud items not working

Zoe Forager

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

all my attached huds that used to work are no longer working.  I noticed that the option 'touch' is greyed out.  examples of huds are maitreya hud, mama allpa and others.

I have been going through all the settings and i can't find any reason why they are not working.

I have tested with an object with a test script. When i attach it, the script runs.

Huds also work on the same system when logging in with my friends credentials.  So it's not a system issue,it is linked to my specific avatar.

Has anyone else had this issue? and how can i fix it, it is very frustrating.

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Zoe Forager said:

all my attached huds that used to work are no longer working.  I noticed that the option 'touch' is greyed out.  examples of huds are maitreya hud, mama allpa and others.

I have been going through all the settings and i can't find any reason why they are not working.

I have tested with an object with a test script. When i attach it, the script runs.

Huds also work on the same system when logging in with my friends credentials.  So it's not a system issue,it is linked to my specific avatar.

Has anyone else had this issue? and how can i fix it, it is very frustrating.

perhaps get a redelivery and use a fresh set of the items to see what happens...ór use a different viewer.

55 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

perhaps get a redelivery and use a fresh set of the items to see what happens...ór use a different viewer.

thanks alwin.  

Howeveri did try both secondlife viewer and firefox, same problem.

I re-extracted my maitreya update, it still doesn't work. Same version did work before.

i'm lost for solutions

33 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

don't give up yet :)... ask in the support groups for that store might help faster than the forums.

i won't give up  ;-)

i'll take your advice, but the problem is accros stores, it's a general issue for all my huds 

3 hours ago, Zoe Forager said:

i won't give up  ;-)

i'll take your advice, but the problem is accros stores, it's a general issue for all my huds 

maitreya huds are working again, i reverted to the previous version and received a new package for the new version. This one works.

looks like something jsut broke all the huds ... 

could it be being logged off during a rolling restart? that' s when it started.

3 hours ago, Zoe Forager said:

could it be being logged off during a rolling restart? that' s when it started.

It is possible. Things can and often do go sideways during a rolling restart.

For fast recovery of strange happenings make a copy of any HUD before using it. Use the copy for everyday use. If it dies or breaks for whatever reason, it is easy to make a new copy and see if it will work.

Also, a number of HUD's (like Appliers) hold settings in memory. If you RESET them that clears memory and they will never ever work again. So, avoid resetting HUD's unless the manufacturer says you can in their manual/instructions.

On 4/27/2017 at 9:16 AM, Zoe Forager said:

Thanks all for your help.

I'm replacing the broken huds with the kind help of shop owners, thanks to them also!

I'll be making sure i move out before a restart next time ;-)

Zoe

did the redelivered huds work?? ..cause I'm having the same issue :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.