Do the staff here give a crap about anyone?

Geiten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Seriously, though. I wrote to the staff several times on this site asking for a link to make a fraud report and have yet to receive an answer from these people, and the only reason I asked to begin with was because the options they had didn't apply to the problem since this isn't a technical issue or someone harassing me. 

Edited by Geiten

Probably because they have no clue what you are talkimg about. What site? This forum? Links to what what fraud site? 

Maybe try filing an abuse report. Anytime you want help from someone, it is up to you to conform to their preferred access route to get it, not for them to conform to yours.

And in case you are new to SL, no one, including staff, is going to bend over backwards to help someone who is rude to them.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 2

If by 'this site' you mean these forums, then that is why "the staff" - I assume you mean LL - are not answering.  This is a forum of SL residents and the LL folks seldom visit.  You have to either file an abuse report or deal with their support page options.

Though by checking your activity, I don't see any other posts on these forums, so I'm not sure what site you wrote to someone on.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Geiten said:

Seriously, though. I wrote to the staff several times on this site asking for a link to make a fraud report and have yet to receive an answer from these people, and the only reason I asked to begin with was because the options they had didn't apply to the problem since this isn't a technical issue or someone harassing me. 

if you'r not premium you have only a few options to get support.

Communiction with LL employes doesn't go with messages but with the support portal.

Some people confuse the help they get here with support but it isn't as the others also pointed you at.

• Like 1

Pamela, I contacted them through an AR several times. Also, your snark lacks critical thought, my "attitude" is the end result of their apathetic treatment towards me (when I asked several times which route is the most appropriate to take when notifying LL of fraud), not the other way around. 

"Not for them to conform to yours." Did you actually take the time to read what I wrote? I stated I needed to make a fraud report, this isn't something small nor is it something that doesn't happen on SL often. Read and think before trying to school/shame someone. 

Edited by Geiten

• Administrators

Hey @Geiten,

I am sorry you are having some problems, if you have not already done so, the best way to report an issue of fraud would be to submit a Support Case. This link here can tell you the best way to submit a case:

If however, you send me a private message with more information, I would also be happy to submit a case for you and transfer it to the appropriate department so that you can get the assistance that you need.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Geiten said:

Pamela, I contacted them through an AR several times. Also, your snark lacks critical thought, my "attitude" is the end result of their apathetic treatment towards me (when I asked several times which route is the most appropriate to take when notifying LL of fraud), not the other way around. 

"Not for them to conform to yours." Did you actually take the time to read what I wrote? I stated I needed to make a fraud report, this isn't something small nor is it something that doesn't happen on SL often. Read and think before trying to school/shame someone. 

That is no excuse for your insulting thread title. 

• Like 4

If I wanted to report someone for Fraud, if it were urgent (someone had given me an object that stole all my L$ when I gave it debit permissions) I would follow the instructions in Linden Lab Official: Account Security.   If it were less urgent, I would submit an Abuse Report, and select "Fraud>L$ or USD $" as the category:    

5901ffd97f49c_ARCategories.PNG.0114300288f7de2bb5ac0902dfb71afb.PNG

In that case, though, I would not expect LL to inform me of the outcome of my complaint.   I would also be mindful of the fact LL don't get involved in disputes between residents, and that ARs for fraud should be submitted only in cases of genuine dishonesty (e.g. people selling fake gift cards) rather than in cases of simple civil disputes ("My landlord evicted me and owes me two weeks' rent").

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 7

well i don't want to kick to some sensitive bodyparts.. but sometimes you indeed would think support isn't really checking everything.

And yes i know this kinda changing the topic...

But i know these two pics below are reported several times now for obvious reasons... and..... nothing.... it's still there.

Good luck when it's your neighbourhood.

Linden Homes aren't alowed to be altered/modified or littering.. not allowed to go out of theme... this is even worse than the old mainland, because this should be controlled...

it's both the view from one location.

Snapshot_001.png

Snapshot_002.png

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

Just a couple of thoughts as this seems resolved.

Should your EMAIL be accurate (hence changes in email rules with confirmation soon) you get an automated reply stating that you will very likely NOT hear from The Lab about the abuse report.  I have sent in many over the years, mostly on the Realms before it was cleaned up and often through my alt.

I only received notice once -- and THAT was impressive.

Years ago I was over on the Realms (and I think it was "me") and someone was teleporting folks in to block the landing spot on one of the regioins presumably so that they could pick up all the crystals without any competition. I have no idea how they managed that, but they did. The folks coming in would only stay a very short time and then would disappear and then come back. All very strange but certainly not friendly. 

I reported with a photo and almost INSTANTLY it got remedied. I got an IM asking me some questions. I replied and the bottleneck stopped. The person BEHIND the issue (seemingly) was still there and not booted, but the problem went away. So I suspect that someone is watching that abuse thread.

When I had a similar building ugliness (a giant advertisement around a whole sim on a nearby plot, it took a month to fix but it did get fixed eventually. Happily it has been a long while since I had to make a report. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tommy Linden said:

@Alwin Alcott Are you the one that has reported these? Can you send me the information on those locations please in a private message? And if you haven't, will you personally file an Abuse Report, pretty please? For me? I would appreciate it!

Tommy, do you know how hard you're making it for me to say anything disparaging about LL? And do you know how much I enjoy disparaging those in power? If you keep this up, I don't know what I'm going to do.

No, wait!

I'll file an Abuse Report against myself. Then you're damned if you do and damned if you don't!

;-).

• Like 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.