Is there a way to increase the Process Credit limit?

Darkraven Danick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 minutes ago, Elvina Ewing said:

but there is little help for my situation in your reply. I withdrew 10000$ every 4 months. Now my limit is 2000 per month. 4x2000 = 8000$, not 10000$. My process credit limits is way below my needs.

OK. I am not sure you explained your issue THIS clearly before -- or if you did, I missed it.  While "I" could catch up with processing (and yes, I did have to wait to get my money out passed when I was planning -- for me too quarterly) and I always understood LL's plan on this --  but I DO SEE now that they have messed up with you. If your figures are correct then they should let you process maybe $3000 a month (using their logic) so that you could eventually get all your money back. True, it will take time but as it is you would never make any headway. 

Have you tried CALLING and talking to someone? That is what I had to do with the "Patriot Act" accountability thing a few years ago. My little town doesn't HAVE mail delivery to houses and so we are forced to have postal boxes (and pay for them) and  those ARE our actual legal addresses. That did NOT work with the system they were using, even though I was perfectly willing to give my house address also. Finally I got someone "higher up" on the phone who saw the logic in my argument -- since my driver's license had BOTH my mailing and physical address.  The folks at the bottom of the food chain in tech support type roles often just follow a book of rules and are not actually required to think --- this everywhere, not just the Lab :D. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
grammar and punctuation

@Chic Aeon: No i haven't tried calling them. TBH the idea terrifies me. English is not my native language, and then this entire situation p**s me off, i am sure i will lose my cool at some point, and then there is also the cost of calling from Europe... You are probably right though.

7 minutes ago, Elvina Ewing said:

@Chic Aeon: No i haven't tried calling them. TBH the idea terrifies me. English is not my native language, and then this entire situation p**s me off, i am sure i will lose my cool at some point, and then there is also the cost of calling from Europe... You are probably right though.

If you do call them from Europe, I suggest looking into Skype as it could be cheaper than usual phone long distance rates.

Elvina, please don't let this affect your creativity as you mentioned earlier. There is a way out of it.
Most likely they just didn't see that your 10k is trapped, and once they do your money will be released.
Surely they would not want to be known as a company that steals from their customers.

However, what you could do is let your present monthly earnings of $L accrue and pay the $L to a friend who could covert them to real money, and then this trusted friend could pay you the $ via Paypal. This would then allow you to transfer the $ you have saved in 5 increments. Just make sure, of course, that they can transfer that much money per 30 days.

Edited by Luna Bliss

54 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

However, what you could do is let your present monthly earnings of $L accrue and pay the $L to a friend who could covert them to real money, and then this trusted friend could pay you the $ via Paypal.

Well that might not be the best idea. I had a good friend that almost lost his account (many accounts) because he truly was trying to be helpful in this manner. I believe this is against the TOS and can "appear" to be money laundering even when it is not.  So I would certainly CHECK CAREFULLY before trying.

And to the OP, I think that there are European numbers that you can call. I do get the "volcano ready to blow aspect". I almost never lose my cool, but every few years it happens and you do NOT want to be around when it does LOL.

Yes, Chic, I was pondering this on my break and wondered if it was a good idea, due to an experience I had a few months back.

One of my customers was selling her sim for $4000 usd on the mainland to someone else, and they simply would not let my customer get her money for the longest time. I had created quite a bit for this customer several years back, and I think she paid me partly in $L and partly through Paypal. Anyway, during the investigation of her sim sale they asked my customer "what is your relationship to Luna Bliss". This was more than irritating, and I wondered how many of my other customers who paid me a large sum of money were questioned in this way, insinuating that we could be criminals.

I wonder what amount of money exchange, via customer/resident or money market exchange, triggers these investigations.

I'm sure it's good that money laundering and tax evasion are kept in check, but this is going too far. I'm wondering who they subcontract to do these investigations, and if there isn't a better way to go about it.

• Moderators

Greetings All!

I see that there is still some confusion, so I hope I can help clear that up.

Reviews are based on an accounts recent trading activity.  Generally, this recent activity is for the most recent 6 months.

Using the example amount from, Elvina Ewing, of $10,000, if a user only made 1 Process Credit Request for 10,000 within the most recent 6 months, then the average would come out to 1666.66666 (or 1667.00) per 30 days for the past 6 months.

If the Process Credit limit for the account is $1999.00 per 30 days, then the user is under their limits by $332 per month (1999.00 - 1667.00 = 332). 

This means that over the same period of time, they can make a Process Credit request for $332 more per month, on average, than they have been.

Over 6 months, an account with a Process Credit Limit of $1999 can make requests for a total of $11,994. 

Instead of waiting to make a single, large, Process Credit request every 6 months for $10,000, the user should be making Process Credit Requests every month for their full limit amount of $1999.00. After 5 months, they would have made requests that are nearly equal (9995) to the amount that they were making every 6 months (10,000).

Once an account is at, or very close to, using their limits every month, Linden Lab is more likely to grant a Tier Increase. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

Instead of waiting to make a single, large, Process Credit request every 6 months for $10,000, the user should be making Process Credit Requests every month for their full limit amount of $1999.00. After 5 months, they would have made requests that are nearly equal (9995) to the amount that they were making every 6 months (10,000).

Again, i was withdrawing 10000$ not every 6 months, but every 4 months. It looks like 6 to you, because you are viewing the last 6 months only, and have caught me literally a week or two right before I was going to make another one of those 10000$ withdrawals. Of course, if you review past 6 months and thus divide it by 6, it will be 1667 a month. But if you review it over 12 months, it all evens out.

Basically, i'm screwed. Whoever thought of this brilliant plan, is not very good in math and not very good in running business either. If i have a need to withdraw 10000$ in 4 months, and can only withdraw 8000$ ( 4x2000$ ), LL are smothering my business. I need to limit my sales in order to be able to get all that hoarded money out first, and with limiting my sales (or shutting down my store) LL is losing their own 5% cut too. But you keep sticking to your brilliant plan where everybody loses. I'll apply for another Billing and Trading limits raise next month.

7 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings All!

I see that there is still some confusion, so I hope I can help clear that up.

Reviews are based on an accounts recent trading activity.  Generally, this recent activity is for the most recent 6 months.

Using the example amount from, Elvina Ewing, of $10,000, if a user only made 1 Process Credit Request for 10,000 within the most recent 6 months, then the average would come out to 1666.66666 (or 1667.00) per 30 days for the past 6 months.

If the Process Credit limit for the account is $1999.00 per 30 days, then the user is under their limits by $332 per month (1999.00 - 1667.00 = 332). 

This means that over the same period of time, they can make a Process Credit request for $332 more per month, on average, than they have been.

Over 6 months, an account with a Process Credit Limit of $1999 can make requests for a total of $11,994. 

Once an account is at, or very close to, using their limits every month, Linden Lab is more likely to grant a Tier Increase. 

I think we "get" that now Dakota and thank you ----

BUT if there were going to be some major rule changes that impacted some folks MAJORLY it would have been a good idea to let folks know so that they could have cashed out and THEN changed to the new rules.  I have to say that this does seem unfair . Not for me really, but HOW are some people like th OP supposed to cope NOW after the rule change. Honestly, this isn't good press for LL.  

Know this has probably nothing to do with you personally and thank you for your input, but -- NOT GOOD in general and that is fairly easy to see from the comment LOL. 

A more informed populous would have definitely been a better move. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The one thing I cannot find anymore is the listing of what tiers are what.

Every link I find that should direct to that is redirected to my own limits. (which I am constantly hitting, btw.)

Definitely don't give up on your business, Elvina! Though I will say I've been worried about "making too much" at events or with items now, which begs the thought that we should NOT be worrying about that! Making more should be a good thing, not something to feel punished about. :/

exactly!!

I guess LL don't need anymore those splendid statistics of how much US$ residents have made in SL, that they were so proud of a couple of years ago... Because these idiotic rules have certainly smothered a few more successful business out there i imagine...

I did give up. For now. Apparently it is even more idiotic than we thought. If you applied for leveling up of your Process Credit Limits, and your request have been denied (like mine was), you must wait 6 weeks before you can apply again!! So the next time i can apply for a higher tier is another 2 weeks away, and if then it gets denied again, it will probably be sometime by the end of summer that i might finally get approved....

• Moderators
On 5/27/2017 at 11:17 AM, Elvina Ewing said:

exactly!!

I guess LL don't need anymore those splendid statistics of how much US$ residents have made in SL, that they were so proud of a couple of years ago... Because these idiotic rules have certainly smothered a few more successful business out there i imagine...

I did give up. For now. Apparently it is even more idiotic than we thought. If you applied for leveling up of your Process Credit Limits, and your request have been denied (like mine was), you must wait 6 weeks before you can apply again!! So the next time i can apply for a higher tier is another 2 weeks away, and if then it gets denied again, it will probably be sometime by the end of summer that i might finally get approved....

Hello Elvina,

Linden Lab will review your limits every 30 days.  If you have made a process credit request for the full available amount for your 30 day limit, please create another Support Case asking for another review 30 days from the date of your last review request and Linden Lab will review your Trading Limits again for you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

Hello Elvina,

Linden Lab will review your limits every 30 days.  If you have made a process credit request for the full available amount for your 30 day limit, please create another Support Case asking for another review 30 days from the date of your last review request and Linden Lab will review your Trading Limits again for you.

Now you've lost me completely. My first review request is dated April 19. It has been denied (by you no less! or at least you were the one commenting on my case). You wrote:

"You will have to wait to request a tier increase in another 60 days from your initial request date (06/09/2017). For future limit reviews, please open another support ticket (Billing, Type: LindeX Billing and Trading Limits Review Request)."

I didn't understand why you wrote June 9th, - 60 days from my initial request of April 19 would not be June 9. I thought it would be logical that LL would review limits every 30 days (as you just wrote up here ^ too). So i thought it was some mistake, so i went ahead and applied for another review request on May 23. I got the same reply:

"Our records show that your account recently had its trading limits reviewed on April 21rd 2017, and will not be eligible for another review until after June 9th 2017." (signed by Ginger Linden)

Dear Dakota Linden, please explain: if LL will review the trading limits every 30 days, then why i have to wait 6-7 weeks instead of 30 days? Thank you.

Edited by Elvina Ewing

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Elvina Ewing said:

Now you've lost me completely. My first review request is dated April 19. It has been denied (by you no less! or at least you were the one commenting on my case). You wrote:

"Our records show that your account recently had its trading limits reviewed on April 21rd 2017, and will not be eligible for another review until after June 9th 2017."

I didn't understand why you wrote June 9th, i thought it would be logical that LL would review limits every 30 days (as you just wrote up here ^ too). So i thought it was some mistake, so i went ahead and applied for another review request on May 23. I got the same reply:

"Our records show that your account recently had its trading limits reviewed on April 21rd 2017, and will not be eligible for another review until after June 9th 2017." (signed by Ginger Linden)

Dear Dakota Linden, please explain: if LL will review the trading limits every 30 days, then why i have to wait 6-7 weeks instead of 30 days? Thank you.

Hello Elvina Ewing,

The date was a miscalculation on my part.  I am very sorry and thank you for letting me know.

Please submit a new case and we will be happy to review your limits again. 

• Like 1

I cash my L$ out to my US balance every couple of hundred dollars I make, no way would I keep $6000 USD worth of L$ in SL.  If something ever happens and SL closes suddenly or heaven forbid you are banned, LL doesn't have to refund your L$ balance, but, they do say they will refund your USD balance.  So, for me it's just common sense to keep my money on my USD balance.  On top of which, land tier and premium dues can and will be pulled from your USD balance not your inworld L$ balance, so for me it's a bonus, cause if I ever get sick and can't log in for awhile or something, my land and stuff will be covered for awhile since I try and keep at least 4 months of sim tier and one year of premium dues on my USD balance at all times just in case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2017 at 10:25 AM, Elvina Ewing said:

exactly. With my current process credit limit i will never be able to withdraw everything, unless i shut down my store completely thus stopping earning any more $$.

I doubt anyone would argue your point. I also think that many of us are wondering WHY ON EARTH you would leave $10,000 in Linden Lab's "care". While we would like to think that the grid will go on for-e-ver, there is absolutely no guarantee that it will. It could be gone tomorrow. So the adage about paying only one week's rent ahead goes WAAAAAAY more for cashing out dollars. 

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

I doubt anyone would argue your point. I also think that many of us are wondering WHY ON EARTH you would leave $10,000 in Linden Lab's "care". While we would like to think that the grid will go on for-e-ver, there is absolutely no guarantee that it will. It could be gone tomorrow. So the adage about paying only one week's rent ahead goes WAAAAAAY more for cashing out dollars. 

Lets just hope LL stays a greedy company that only cares about making money, for a long time to come.

:D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.