Jump to content
  • 0
AeriedeKennaDyspix

Having to have a card with paypal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

 EVen tho i have money inside my account already i need a card to pay ***** ? Excuse my language but this system needs to be updated and or proofed; Because you shouldnt need a card for everything to be able to buy ***** what if you only have money on your account for things you want like paypal and such?  i have a kinda right to be abit angry with this because some of us only have so much money to live on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Oh, I see what you mean.  You have a PayPal account with a cash balance but you can't use it in SL.  Yes, that might be true, but it's very easy to fix.

The requirement is that you must have a verified PayPal account.  PayPal offers two ways to verify your account, either of which will work for SL.  You may verify it by providing PayPal with a credit card as backup, or you may give PayPal a bank account number.  That's PayPal's way to verify that they know who you are, and that they have a way to guarantee that you have cash to pay your bills to SL.  You get to choose which verification method you want to use.  Once the account is verified, it doesn't matter how you put money into it.  The verification is just PayPal's guarantee that you have a backup.

The only slightly annoying limitation is that banks cannot transfer money to PayPal fast enough for Internet sales. If you don't have a cash balance in your PayPal account and they have to ask your bank account for more, the bank might take as much as a day or more to send it.  Meanwhile, PayPal doesn't have money to send Linden Lab, so they will deny your purchases.  The solution is to always keep a cash balance in your PayPal account if the account was verified by a bank.  If you verified the PayPal account with a credit card, that's not a problem.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
59 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Oh, I see what you mean.  You have a PayPal account with a cash balance but you can't use it in SL.  Yes, that might be true, but it's very easy to fix.

The requirement is that you must have a verified PayPal account.  PayPal offers two ways to verify your account, either of which will work for SL.  You may verify it by providing PayPal with a credit card as backup, or you may give PayPal a bank account number.  That's PayPal's way to verify that they know who you are, and that they have a way to guarantee that you have cash to pay your bills to SL.  You get to choose which verification method you want to use.  Once the account is verified, it doesn't matter how you put money into it.  The verification is just PayPal's guarantee that you have a backup.

The only slightly annoying limitation is that banks cannot transfer money to PayPal fast enough for Internet sales. If you don't have a cash balance in your PayPal account and they have to ask your bank account for more, the bank might take as much as a day or more to send it.  Meanwhile, PayPal doesn't have money to send Linden Lab, so they will deny your purchases.  The solution is to always keep a cash balance in your PayPal account if the account was verified by a bank.  If you verified the PayPal account with a credit card, that's not a problem.

 

The moneys already on the account how long is the bloody verification-_-... ive waited for three days and didnt want  to add my bank account and its forcing me to so im relatively unhappy and probably will never buy linden again after this issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, AeriedeKennaDyspix said:

. ive waited for three days and didnt want  to add my bank account and its forcing me to so im relatively unhappy and probably will never buy linden again after this issue.

 

it's simple... you OR add a CC to verify OR you add your bank to verify... if you don't it's solved too and have to rest in not having a payment option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 hours ago, AeriedeKennaDyspix said:

The moneys already on the account how long is the bloody verification-_-... ive waited for three days and didnt want  to add my bank account and its forcing me to so im relatively unhappy and probably will never buy linden again after this issue.

 

This isn't Linden Lab's fault.  The process is controlled by your bank and PayPal.  Yes, it generally takes a few BUSINESS DAYS to complete a verification using a bank account.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19 hours ago, AeriedeKennaDyspix said:

how long is the bloody verification-_-... ive waited for three days

just adding:  if paypal still uses the same verification system : ... just waiting will not help, you have to check your bankaccount yourself to get the code or amount of cts paypal put on your account and than go back to the website to confirm those numbers.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...