Windows 10 Creators Update

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since I did the new windows 10 update for Creators, no second life client will load up. I try them all.. Just want to check and see if anyone else has update to the new version of windows 10 and second life clients works? It will start up loading then just goes back to the desktop with no message at all. I even try to change the Compatibility mode and still no luck with it.

Edited by Aiden Hammerthall
Added other part I had try to do with the clients.

Just now, Aiden Hammerthall said:

Trying to find out if anyone else is dealing with what I am since the new windows 10 update? I am sure that is the reason I started this post for?

yes, thats why i responded but you only posted a reply with quotes.. not seeing any info or usefulness in that

Which viewer are you using? Is it the default LL viewer from Downloads | Second Life ?

Does the viewer crash before you get to the login screen or after clicking the login button?
What's the last thing you see on screen before the viewer crashes?

If you have Nvidia graphics & the Windows update also updated your Nvidia graphics driver & the viewer is crashing before the login screen loads, try disabling Shadowplay/Share in the Nvidia geforce experience.

4 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Which viewer are you using? Is it the default LL viewer from Downloads | Second Life ?

Does the viewer crash before you get to the login screen or after clicking the login button?
What's the last thing you see on screen before the viewer crashes?

If you have Nvidia graphics & the Windows update also updated your Nvidia graphics driver & the viewer is crashing before the login screen loads, try disabling Shadowplay/Share in the Nvidia geforce experience.

I got it working now, I had to load a real old client just to get others to load up, I know this does not make since.. But I got it working now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OddPieceLady said:

Hi hi, yeah me too, I just finished rolling back to my previous windows build becuase Firestorm crashed on the new win 10 creators update even before the log in screen came on, sheesh how infuriating!

using it for nearly two weeks now... no problem in any way as mentioned here, might be just a driver problem

Another problem has come to light with the creator update affecting systems with Intel HD graphics & Intel HD 4000 graphics or any older Intel card that is technically supported by Intel on Windows 10.
Those systems will not be able to run any 64bit SL viewer (including the LL Alexy Ivy project viewer) because the viewer will hang on launch during benchmarking.
If the viewer hangs forever at "Initializing VFS" & you have an Intel HD or Intel HD 4000, that's likely to be the problem.
The 32bit viewers should still run ok.

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just read up on the update. This is interesting. Does SL run "any better" in "game mode" under the Windows 10 Creators update?

People report minor better FPS (8-10 or better FPS) and better performance in general in games depending on their system. Downside is resources are allocated to the game and hence slows other active running apps, say you Alt+Tab to other running programs to check web-pages, e-mail etc., you will experience those program run sluggish - how much depending on overall speed of your computer.

Now 8-10+ FPS does not sound as much, but could make an users SL experience more fluid and better, if say FPS jumps from 14 FPS to more fluid 24 FPS.

Edited by Rachel1206
  • Like 1

I had Second Life working on Windows 10 build 16179 64bit and NVIDIA geforce driver 381.89

Updated to Windows 10 build 16184 and second life viewer gets to initialising VFS / initializing VFS and then crashes before the log in screen shows

I had the same problem (crashing before log in screen) with an older win10 build and older geforce drivers. Last time, I just had to wait for a new geforce driver to be released install it and second life was brought back to life.

I think it's a matter of waiting until NVIDIA do release a newer driver

or

rollback to the older Win10 build ( 16179 ) and use the newest NVIDIA geforce driver 381.89 Which worked for me

Edited by Matteo Gorham

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2017 at 6:27 PM, Matteo Gorham said:

I had Second Life working on Windows 10 build 16179 64bit and NVIDIA geforce driver 381.89

Second Life works on Windows 10 build 16193 64bit (insider preview)

insider previews are pre-release software and caution should be advised as it may contain some bugs!

and

NVIDIA geforce driver 382.05

which is the latest software to date

Edited by Matteo Gorham

• 2 years later...

Yes. I also cannot get the SL viewer to load with Windows 10. It crashes shortly after I put my password in, sometimes almost immediately, other times after a few seconds. And the Singularity viewer has been showing me, as a Classic avatar, wandering around with a large house attached to my wrist.  All I myself see is a white cloud. I have just downloaded the Singularity test viewer, which appears to have signed me in and allowed me to fix my avatar and delete the house, but I can't move more than a few feet, nor can I fly.  Possibly useful because it enables you to get in.  This is a premium membership? I'm waiting for someone who is more computer savvy than I to help out here.  God forbid SL should step in and help.

Edited by Kay Earleno
forgot something

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.