Can I get some advice/help with rigging of this mesh before I go insane?

kratox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been working on getting my character into this game for a while now and I am honestly fed up with failing after trail and error for like 6 hours. If anyone could please help me get this working I would be grateful I have been updating this model over and over again for like a year because I never liked how it looked and it be a shame if I couldn't use it in game because of this one stupid error.

Issue 1) I can not get this piece of polygons to flow correctly with the weight map. How can I get this to flow properly so it does not have jagged edges when it deforms. I have tried smoothing out the vertices and verifying that no other bone has control over that piece but no matter how I color it, the polygons never snap properly in place. This and the shoulder has a jagged edge flow into that looks like their arm is crumpling like paper.

Pic 1: (Just a heads up I reset all weight maps to default)

79d2bd52dbdedb6a6c00efdf5d8d0b6a.png 3932b9e49bcda388ae548f14af75e404.png 2fa47e252a6a90cedf19d99be32bdf96.png

Issue 2) I thought that I could change some of the sliders to work for at least some of the clothes in second life by setting the default size of shapes close to my mesh but it appears to not actually change within game.

Pic 2: (This is showing the ring. From what I have  noticed clothes generally will be as big as that ring so I figured I could just make my character fit into that rig so more clothing would fit.)

8cda14a4c9d2c9c35457d2c58805682d.png

• 1 month later...

I would definitely study the shoulder topology as Arton suggested. 

I'm not sure if you are already aware of this or not but I know the frustration of constantly going back and forth from the same project for over a year so I thought I would throw this out there in case. Most tutorials in blender only really cover the weight paint tool, but if you go to the Modifiers tab in properties and then allow the armature modifier to be active in edit mode, you can assign weights the old school way by typing in numbers manually or using a slider. Sometimes it works better that way when there are a few verts that are causing all the nightmares. Also, make sure you normalise all your weights as from memory I don't think that blender does this automatically.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.