Text Colour Fault With Quoted Text

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This happens when quoting someone's post, and putting the replies to each part within the quoted text itself. It doesn't happen when colouring text outside the quote.

I've just written a post to someone and I quoted her full post, so that I could reply within the quote. It's something we sometimes do here. I wanted my replies in a different colour, of course, but the initial choice of colours are poor, so I clicked the 'More Colors...' link. I selected a colour, clicked 'OK' and started typing. But the colour wasn't there. So I tried writing my reply, highlighting it, and then selecting a colour from 'More Colors...'. That didn't work either. There is a point in the 'More Colors...' selection when the text cursor moves to outside the quote - to the top, actually. The selected colour can appear there, but I can't change the colour of my short replies withing the quote.

An oddity is that the colour did change for first little response within the quote, but after that I couldn't change the colour for other little responses at all.

Edited by Phil Deakins

BTW,  keep in mind that some people are red green colorblind, the most common kind. It is often hard for us to tell that something is red,  as it was for me reading the post you mentioned. Blue, orange, or purple would be a better choice for us. 

Edited by Pamela Galli

I never thought of that. I'll keep it in mind. I wanted a good strong blue but there isn't one in the initial selection. There isn't a good strong colour at all in there. The first little reply succeeded, but I couldn't change any more to blue, so I changed the first one away from blue.

ETA: I changed it all to the nearest to purple that there is in the initial selection.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.