Rai Nitely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

So far all the virtual worlds I played in have similarities. I suspect Sansar will too. 

The biggest difference is often in the tools available to to build in a specific world. As Whirly said Blender, 3D Max, and Maya are going to be usable tools in Sansar as they are in most worlds.

I suspect mesh will be the same. LoD and materials may be very different but how different can they be? 

Second Life has Windlight. All virtual worlds have some type of environmental control. Sansar will have some type of control too.

Basically, if you can make things you want in SL, you will likely be able to make them in Sansar too.

• Like 1

On 19.4.2017 at 5:08 PM, Rai Nitely said:

Would I need a basic knowledge on game design?

That would help a lot, yes. As TorcaJarvis said, the people who have seen Sansar so far aren't allowed to say much but I suppose it's safe to say that game design experience from other platforms is far more useful in Sansar than SL experience is.

15 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

So far all the virtual worlds I played in have similarities. I suspect Sansar will too.

Yes, the much basics are the same for all modern game engines. Second Life is the odd one out really.

16 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

LoD and materials may be very different but how different can they be?

Very. Those two functionalities are really messed up in Second Life and Linden Lab isn't going to make the same mistakes again.

18 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

you will likely be able to make them in Sansar too.

Just a minor but rather crucial correction: you can make for Sansar but not in Sansar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChinRey said:

LoD and Materials...

Very. Those two functionalities are really messed up in Second Life and Linden Lab isn't going to make the same mistakes again.

Yeah... But, Sansar will have LoD and materials. They may be implemented very differently, but the basic nature of how LoD works and materials are made can't change much.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.