Clothing for multiple mesh bodies

summse Sands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Heya,

working on some new clothing stuff and have 3 Mesh Bodies from 2 Labels and have 2 Blender files with the bodies.

Now i have done a clothing piece with rigging fitting...

I will put this piece of clothing in the other blender file to fit the clothing item on to the other mesh body, but everytime i must do rigging and fitting new.

That cost a lot of time.

Is there a way to do it faster?

Export import from blender without loosing any modifier and rigging fitting setup?

Its crap to have one clothing item with different rigging setting in weightpainting.

Please tell me how you handle it with more than 2 mesh body´s ?

Thanks !

Hi :)

I only got as far as making static mesh objects so perhaps I have completely misunderstood what you are asking ……. but  I was curious….

When I select the UpperBodyMesh from the Avatar Workbench and copy it (Ctrl + C) then open a new Blender file and paste it into there  (Ctrl + V), it gets pasted in along with its Modifier, Vertex Groups and Shape Keys etc.

58f7908e54d80_CopyPasteupperbody.thumb.png.8e4a20a45258cc9f271e367f6c8e5d04.png

Maybe you mean something different ? Also you didn’t say what method you are using to Export and Import your rigged clothing item into the second Blender file?

As far as "I" know and I too do not make rigged things (or only under dire need on grids with NO products LOL) you DO need to rerig for each body type. 

It is ONE reason why so many clothing designers have gone to the "Maitreya Only" (that used to be 75% of the mesh body audience for gals, not sure now) OR "Omega" only. So you might want to follow their lead LOL.   

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It turns out that this is an "everyone knows" problem. The male mesh is there, tucked away out of sight in the Blender layers.

(Blender, trying to do everything, seems to end up hiding everything. It doesn't have a learning curve. It has a north face of the Eiger.)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure how useful this is but if it is the same armature you may just be able to export the clothing item as a Collada, import into the file that has the different body and mesh fitted to that body, then use the transfer weights option in the weight paint tool and touch it up afterwards. May not be a perfect fix but at least you won't have to redo the rigging from scratch. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.