Lindens Need to Fix Inventory Loss in The Worst Way

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

People who do not shop cannot fathom how frustrating this is. I have spent thousands of US$ in SL only to have a great percentage of that poofed with this problem twice. I find it interesting that the problem seems universal, the home and garden type items, not the clothing and attachment items. Why in 13 years has this not been fixed? Is there something that the Lindens gain in this? More shopping to recover items means more money? I don't know, but this is just ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Desire Jacques said:

People who do not shop cannot fathom how frustrating this is. I have spent thousands of US$ in SL only to have a great percentage of that poofed with this problem twice. I find it interesting that the problem seems universal, the home and garden type items, not the clothing and attachment items. Why in 13 years has this not been fixed? Is there something that the Lindens gain in this? More shopping to recover items means more money? I don't know, but this is just ridiculous. 

That is an EXCELLENT POINT and one I hadn't thought about. Most all my losses (I am not counting notecards and landmarks mixed in with the folders) have been OBJECTS.  Not clothing when clothing had its own icon and actually I can't remember losing any mesh clothing either although I only have a few favorites so perhaps I wouldn't have noted missing items.  

I buy very little as I blog for some major brands and have plenty of great items coming in all the time ---- but that being said, the first time I lost a huge amount of stuff was pretty devastating. 

I think it is good we are talking about this. I have been talking about it for about seven years but on one seemed to be listening. 

I have to say that there have been may great improvements in SL lately and perhaps with enough NOISE, some attention will be paid to the inventory and asset server (I have no clue where the problem is :D).

So thanks for sharing that thought. 

I have lost a few textures along the way but not much else but Home and Garden type items. No sure WHY that didn't register until now. It could be a coincidence of course LOL.

Well possibly if we NOTICE but I suspect that lots of folks don't note missing items until the LOOK for them specifically and that could be days or months down the road.  It's not like a pink polka dotted flag waves and says "woo-hoo - you just lost 10,000 items; want to let someone know? "  LOL

Honestly I can't imagine that they DON'T KNOW. This is not new news. And it seems to be getting more prevalent or at least more folks are noticing and talking about it.  They will attempt to fix things or just let us complain. We don't seem to have much say in priorities. Happily we have had some nice perks in the last year. Better than not in my book. 

On 5/1/2017 at 11:52 PM, Pamela Galli said:

Maybe enough people can supply logs and a time of deletion, Lindens could discern a pattern?

And of course, my Pamela Galli homes were retrievable via CasperVend system. of the 4000 items lost, I could regain only 29 of them this way.  

On 5/2/2017 at 2:08 AM, Desire Jacques said:

Is there something that the Lindens gain in this? More shopping to recover items means more money? I don't know, but this is just ridiculous. 

That's another good point, I believe. Maybe inventory loss helps keeping SL's economy going... If people just don't drop it for good, tired of annoyances like those.

Edited by MBeatrix
unnecessary comment removed

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've had this problem too. It's always gacha or no copy items. I really wish gacha would go away at this point and people would just go back to selling stuff like they used to, or make some limited time one month event if they want things to be that rare. I stopped playing most all gacha now, maybe 98% of them and stopped getting any no copy items because they are the one thing that gets lost and it's not easy to replace. I even keep transaction history from as far back as 2015 but it says -50 or -75 lindens and labelled some generic gacha name if even one at all. there's no way i can prove i had what i had. The lindens do nothing so I'm not going to play it, since it's the only items I seem to lose and a big waste of money. Like 12-15k+ in real money gone heh, sucks.

Edited by BloodDoll Lulu

7 minutes ago, BloodDoll Lulu said:

...and stopped getting any no copy items because they are the one thing that gets lost and it's not easy to replace. 

No idea if you tried that already, but some creators offer a "trade-in". You pass them your no copy gatcha items (probably after getting in touch with them, never done that myself yet) and in return, you'll be handed a no transfer version of that item.

Some exclude second-hand purchases from such an exchange service, but since you kept your transaction history and you got the item, you should have a fair chance ... if they do trades.

1 hour ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

No idea if you tried that already, but some creators offer a "trade-in". You pass them your no copy gatcha items (probably after getting in touch with them, never done that myself yet) and in return, you'll be handed a no transfer version of that item.

Some exclude second-hand purchases from such an exchange service, but since you kept your transaction history and you got the item, you should have a fair chance ... if they do trades.

I have done that. DRD did it which was awesome and scarlet creative too. A lot of the clothing though from other places don't seem to like reign, blueberry, well most all I could name. I wish they did especially for a lot of things from last year but i also lost a good amount of that stuff so I have nothing to trade in if they did. I got hit by this I think last week or the week before maybe when sl seemed down for most people. Lost pretty much all of the gacha from 2016-2017 that wasn't out but it was mostly all clothing. All those organized folders are gone. luckily I had not organized some deaddollz stuff so I still have that at least until the next mysterious inventory lose incident happens.

Edited by BloodDoll Lulu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.