Jump to content
1491

LOOKING FOR THE BEST MESH ARTIST

Recommended Posts

Hello I'm looking for a great mesh artist with high quality skills for a new Second life FASHION brand.

This would be a one time project at first. Depending on how you work, it could turn into a full-time Job

You will be asked  to show a portfolio related to fashion works.

Your work and habilities should be adapted to the sl market. And must achieve the high standards of the most famous brands from SL.

Work under pressure

You should be able to recreate and interpretate complicated fashion designs that may be on flat sketches, spec sheets or illustrations.

Only serious people.

 

To discuss more about this job contact inworld

1491 Resident 

le'reprsnt98

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 1491 said:

Hello I'm looking for a great mesh artist with high quality skills for a new Second life FASHION brand.

This would be a one time project at first. Depending on how you work, it could turn into a full-time Job

You will be asked  to show a portfolio related to fashion works.

Your work and habilities should be adapted to the sl market. And must achieve the high standards of the most famous brands from SL.

Work under pressure

You should be able to recreate and interpretate complicated fashion designs that may be on flat sketches, spec sheets or illustrations.

Only serious people.

 

To discuss more about this job contact inworld

1491 Resident 

le'reprsnt98

 

 

 

be original... create it yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2017 at 0:30 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

be original... create it yourself

this is extremely naive thinking. 3D proficiency is specialized & requires time investment, particularly for fashion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lightpyro said:

particularly for fashion.

the more reason not to copy and be original

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

the more reason not to copy and be original

it is just the same as an architect hiring a builder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 4:37 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

the more reason not to copy and be original

It is either you are clueless or just plain dumb. Not everyone has the technical skill in 3d software.  You don't  need to have technical skills building*  to be an artist and to innovate. I bet you know the concept of being an editor or a curator. What about administrative art? 1491 is creating a paying job for Secondlife residents that could give them a reason on continuing their craft. It is already  2018, be happy and tone down your bitchy and arrogant comments in this forum. 

Edited by tako Absent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, tako Absent said:

It is already  2018, be happy and tone down your bitchy and arrogant comments in this forum. 

Right, its 2018 already. You digged out a 9 month old post...Congrats :)

And probably no one knows, if Mr./Mrs. 1491 ever sold a single piece of fashion.
He/she didnt even state, if he/she was willing to pay 3000 lindens oder 3000 US dollar per month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tako Absent said:

 tone down your bitchy and arrogant comments in this forum. 

perhaps read your own comment first?... talking about arrogant and bitchy....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

perhaps read your own comment first?... talking about arrogant and bitchy....

You reap what you sow, *****...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Right, its 2018 already. You digged out a 9 month old post...Congrats :)

And probably no one knows, if Mr./Mrs. 1491 ever sold a single piece of fashion.
He/she didnt even state, if he/she was willing to pay 3000 lindens oder 3000 US dollar per month. 

nice alt....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2018 at 6:46 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

perhaps read your own comment first?... talking about arrogant and bitchy....

Your original comments are a bit ridiculous, though. Basically telling a designer "be original, learn how to sew and create the clothes yourself". Creative people don't need to be all things in order to be original. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to comment on this OLD original post, not the bickering :D.

The OP has apparently left the building and there is really no surprise there. It is absolutely true that people can have great taste (in this case fashion sense) but not have the 3D and texturing skills. 

That said, and if that is the case, they DO need to have very deep pockets. 

There are plenty of excellent designers that design just for brands on a work for hire basis. Some design for several -- and hence the look that some brands are the same brand (which of course could also be the case but I am going with the "same mesh maker" idea). 

BUT (and it is a big one) these HIGHLY SKILLED clothing makers are not going to hook up (no pun intended) with a newbie. Maybe if there was a ton of up front money in the mix, but I doubt that was the case in this post. 

We see this a lot on the forums. New folks, big ideas, have no idea how SL actually works. Don't really want to WORK that hard etc. etc. etc. IF however someone came in that was a "real" designer (not just picking out photos from Google) and had plenty of money to spread around for all the OH SO MANY JOBS that need to be handled to have a BRAND and a shop in SL --- then they probably could make it happen. It is questionable at this point in SL's life-cycle if they could make any "big bucks", but for some folks the money isn't the thing -- it is the DREAM :D. 

So just in case any new folks with big dreams read this (cause I know most of you know it already) -- it takes TIME to understand Second Life. Think of it as moving to another country. You don't know the customs, how things work, etc. The same is true here. Don't expect to jump in and make your mark. It really doesn't happen. LEARN about SL before you make big plans. That will most assuredly work better for you. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...