How do we report broken blog links in Wiki?

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Example, on Wiki page https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:LSL_XML-RPC there is a link to: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technology-General/HTTP-In-and-LSL-Communications/ba-p/646366.

I signed into the the wiki and went to the "discussion" page but did not see anyplace to add a note/comment, but that is not an option. (I'm not a wiki contributor.)

Unfortunately editing the Wiki is turned off for the general SL population due to spamming problems it was having.

When I asked Ebbe about outdated info in the Knowledge Base he said to use the suggestion box to report it.  https://support.secondlife.com/suggestions/

Choose "Documentation" for the category.

I don't know how involved they would get with the Wiki however because outside of "Linden Lab Official" a huge part of it is User, not LL generated.

ETA, not being able to edit the Wiki is a tad frustrating.  I do understand it is possible to request edit permission.  I'm not positive but I think you ask customer support.

Edited by Perrie Juran
  • Like 1

For the longest time any SL'er could start pages and/or edit.  A lot of those people are no longer around.  But you could always try contacting them.

The reason I'm skeptical LL would take the time to fix is priorities. 

With the move to the new Forum I'd gander there will be a ton of newly broken links in the Wiki.

Edited by Perrie Juran

@Love Zhaoying

File a JIRA issue giving the broken links & a Linden will fix them.  Or just leave a comment on this issue: BUG-41521 - Knowledge Base links that need fixing after the update & other broken stuff

I added the broken link you found in a comment on that JIRA.

As far as I'm aware that old suggestions page is mostly dead & reports there don't get triaged very often.  Best to use the JIRA for reporting bugs or improvement/feature requests.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

File a JIRA issue giving the broken links & a Linden will fix them.  Or just leave a comment on this issue: BUG-41521 - Knowledge Base links that need fixing after the update & other broken stuff

<snip>

@Whirly Fizzle

BUG-41521 has been triaged so we can not add comments to it.

1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

<snip>

As far as I'm aware that old suggestions page is mostly dead & reports there don't get triaged very often.  Best to use the JIRA for reporting bugs or improvement/feature requests.

The suggestion box is probably dead because almost no one knows it exists.  But that was what Ebbe told us to use a couple of years ago.

But in general I've been having a lot of trouble with the "The page you requested does not exist" error when trying to find older threads. 

Edited by Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.