Looking for a non-combat roleplay meter

Audra Siemens

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know if there is a commercial non-combat roleplay meter out there? Basically I'm looking for a meter that allows people to eat, sleep, get injured (getting hit by a car, falling off a building etc), be healed via hospital or other means, drown etc. But I do not really care for the meters who's focus is combat.

The closest I can find is Azora or Spellfire, although I'm not sure what the difference is or which one would be better for my particular roleplay situation. That being said, the hud focuses mainly on the fantasy/mythelogical from what I can gather, and that is not my focus. I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas or had heard of another meter that could perform these basic functions (Or know a scripter who would like to create one..)

Thanks!

We use RPS for our historical roleplay.  It does allow for combat but we do not use that part of it.  It does not automatically drain health but does have an API where you can script objects that will do that for you.  Eating & Healing are standard parts of the system.  You can check it out at the link I provided.

Good Luck!

• 1 month later...

Check out HTCS which we use in New Barataria. Like RPS it supports combat (the only way u will be able to measure damage from falling,etc is with life meter/combat support) but its primary function is roleplay. It has much more to offer than I can explain here... medical healing features, factions, quests, crafting, building and plant damage, create fire etc. Message me in world and I will send u more info if interested, I'm at 6 right now and at a disadvantage :)

• 1 year later...

I RP star wars and i utterly hate meter combat... also, i don't need a meter to tell me when to  eat or sleep. meter, to me just breaks immersion and really only exists to satiate those who are competitive... which destroys larger RP commuities. besides, i don't have a computer that can keep up with those who have fast gaming rigs. I get maybe 15 fps on a good day. so, my reason for shunning meters are threefold: 1:) I lag bad, 2:) its for people too lazy to ACTUALLY RP out their combat/inconvenient life functions, and 3:) its for competitve gamers who dont care if they destroy what is meant to be a co-operative RPing communitywith drama-filled competitive gaming... also, those with inferior computers end up categorised as "easy-pckings" and "weakling, payng no heed nor care to In-Character skill. futhermore, if someone cannot give and take like a mature storyteller, then roll some dice.

I actually do dislike metered combat, but, like the OP wouldn't mind the eatin and game money and becoming exhausted.

Sort of gives you the non-player controlled aspects of life that nature does; like estates where its gonna get dark at a time not controlled by any of the players.

Keep those of  us out here interested in that sort of thing filled in on what ya find out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.