wire making

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I assume that you are making your engine in Blender or some other 3D program.  If so, making wire (rope, string.... ) is pretty easy.  You'll find several good tutorials on line if you use Google.  Try looking for "make wire with Blender".  I like this one, personally >>>

• Like 1

In this case I would prim out the engine. That is; make prims that overlap the important areas - a big square for the engine, some small cylinders for the spark plugs. another cylinder for the alternator... you build these over the top of the engine so they over load the parts you purchased. You need just enough accurate detail that is important and nothing that is not important.

Then link the prims together, and using Firestorm export the prims you built as a DAE.

Inside Blender import the dae as layer 1 and build your wires on layer 2. I prefer to use beziers as they are far easier for me to twist and bend. If you have done the prim rebuild carefully then you will have a perfect template in blender to work against.

You can also hire someone - maybe from this forum's "Wanted" section - to use this same method.

Edited by Callum Meriman
spelling mistake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.