This event text considered "Adult" ???! WTF!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just tried to set this into the event for the Blue Katt which is on Moderate Land and

the event post got denied for it as it considers it an adult themed event.

Guys you should really work your filters over.

Cos this plainly sux.

That's what you got to expect visiting the Bleu Katt this Friday 12pm.

We will facilitate "Genies" which is part of the Katt, just pass through the door, and lets have a great night of the old classic Blues featuring John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnston, John Mayall, Bo Diddly, Bessie Smith and others.

Blues on ..

Chantal Glenwalker wrote:

I just tried to set this into the event for the Blue Katt which is on Moderate Land and

the event post got denied for it as it considers it an adult themed event.

Guys you should really work your filters over.

Cos this plainly sux.

That's what you got to expect visiting the Bleu Katt this Friday 12pm.

We will facilitate "Genies" which is part of the Katt, just pass through the door, and lets have a great night of the old classic Blues featuring John Lee
Hooker
, Muddy Waters, Robert
Johnston
, John Mayall, Bo
Diddly
, Bessie Smith and others.

Blues on ..

Yep, not the best system. I would consider abbreviating the names or listing the artist's songs. :smileyindifferent:

I want some birds for my aviary.  Let's do a search for Tits.

Huh.  There are no tits in second life?  No problem.  How about the blue footed booby?

What do you mean that's an adult term?  It's just a seabird!

Okay, okay.  Calm down.  How about a yellow breasted sapsucker?

Who wrote this filter -- Captain Kangaroo?!

A word filter is really a non sollution if the goal is to have accuracy of sim content for sim rating. This really has nothing at all to do with wording or even the the pressence (or not) of profanity. let alone words that are simply slang. And there are much bigger consistancy issues than people listing musicians with colorful metaphores as the name of the act.

Main point being, it's not what's said, it's what's being done there. And you don't know that unless you are there. Can't do it with a word filter.

Just as an example, I've seen places that run event "Pimps and Ho's'. It's a dress-up contest. lol, no one there is actually pimping or Ho-ing. They are just dressing up like it and goofing off for a couple hours and having fun. If there were any actual pimpin and ho-in goin on, it would have no association with the event and would likely be happening if the event were something entirely different.

Maybe less controversial, many places run neko events. These will get a large percentage of people who do not actually live the majority of their SL existance as neko but just grabbed a cool looking neko outfit for the event. Event finishes;tails and ears go to inventory where they collect dust for the next 3 months. And most importantly..The event did NOT turn the whole sim into a neko sim permanently, lol

• 3 weeks later...

Yes agreed, the word Hooker tagged you. Very lame with little overbite but that's how linden labs works for the most part, automation and trolls who blindly follow Mr.. "Isn't life gay and fun" Philip Rosedale. 

However, there are also some very astute and intelligent people there though they usually don't stick around long. I'd call them and get it worked out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.