Doubts about upgrading to premium with this 50% OFF

Mouchii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

11 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Mouchii said:

How does the bonus work if I upgrade my account to premium? usually I would get 1,000L$ instantly when I upgrade the account right?
[ .... ]

No, that's never true.  "When you register for a premium account, you get a sign-up bonus of L$1,000, deposited directly into your Second Life account once your premium membership has been active for 45 consecutive days.So, sign up now and get your bonus in late May.

Also, note that the notice says, "for a limited time, get 50% off your first payment on a new quarterly Premium Membership subscription."

• Like 1

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

No, that's never true.  "When you register for a premium account, you get a sign-up bonus of L$1,000, deposited directly into your Second Life account once your premium membership has been active for 45 consecutive days.So, sign up now and get your bonus in late May.

Also, note that the notice says, "for a limited time, get 50% off your first payment on a new quarterly Premium Membership subscription."

Now I get it!
Thank you.

You have to sign up for Premium and agree to the Quarterly biling.  Your first quarter will be $11.25 and each quarter after that will be regular price of $22.50.  The L$1000 comes after you have been Premium for 45 days -- that part has always been that way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You have to sign up for Premium and agree to the Quarterly biling.  Your first quarter will be $11.25 and each quarter after that will be regular price of $22.50.  The L$1000 comes after you have been Premium for 45 days -- that part has always been that way.

Now I understand how it works :)
Thank you!

Edited by Mouchii

This "deal" happens regularly.

The best choice for Premium always has been paying for the full year.  Doing the math, that is easy to see. 

So folks that commit :D have the advantage moneywise.  From the brief ad I read it isn't actually clear if the treehouse is JUST for folks that go premium (it is kinda worded that way as I read it) or if it is simply the newest Premium gift for all Premium folks (kinda what I am guessing is true).  Since I really don't care LOL I won't be investigating.

• Like 1

Just now, Chic Aeon said:

[ .... ]From the brief ad I read it isn't actually clear if the treehouse is JUST for folks that go premium (it is kinda worded that way as I read it) or if it is simply the newest Premium gift for all Premium folks (kinda what I am guessing is true). [ .... ]

It is the current Premium gift, available to all new and current Premium members of SL.  If you sign up today, you get it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, I ignore most of the gifts, but now and then grab it - I grabbed this one.

I kind of want to grab it just to compare to other treehouses I have.  I was disappointed they did not bother to put the # prints in the information provided.  

I think one of the best pluses for Premium is going to be the increased population limits that allow in Premium members after the region hits it limit. A standard region with an owner set limit of 40 will allow in 4 more Premium members taking the population to 44.

Free account users will not be able to enter the region until the population drops to 39. Premium members can enter until the population reaches 44.

This should prove interesting and confusing to many. See: How many Avatars can you fit in a region?

This feature just rolled out to the RC channels; Blue Steel and Le Tigre. The new software has to be running on the destination region for it to work. So, don't expect to use it to sneak into any events.

If you try to walk in, both regions have to be running the new software. TP'ing in only requires the destination have the software. Explanation: Second Life News 2017 w16.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.