Are there any gyms or personal trainers within Second Life?

HMH

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, I am an undergraduate student who is partaking in a project that involves examining if its viable to have an extension of a real world within second life. Is it possible for a real world personal trainer to provide fitness instructions to clients and is there a known business providing same or similar services within Second Life presently?

It is viable, I can think of several methods which could offer significant value and benefit to Residents who participate. The use of visual aids could be very helpful in demonstrating proper form and techniques. Motivation found in SL does carry on outside of SL.

Thanks for your input Knowl Paine, it is more than likely that health and fitness advice via second life can lead to real world changes for some. This is what my project aims to find out.

Pep has it right HMH, I don't think many Residents are considering the viability from the exact viewpoint as you are. Any Resident who is passionate about their endeavor will find recognition in SL. I would agree that learning what others are doing can help to avoid common obstacles but that type of thinking only leads to mediocrity. To be a leader you need to seperate yourself from the pack. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.