You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Linden Labs "Still Has" that rule about Monthly Limits on.... "Spending My Own US Real Life Dollars!!!"

All I came on SL To Do is... BUY Items & Occupy My Time Playing with them. Suppose To Be... Enjoying passing my free time with SL!!

But... "I AM LIMITED To Spend MY OWN US Money!!"

Does Not Make Sense!! And now... (after BEGGING 3x's) Linden Labs WON'T Increase my Buying Options, & I"M BORED!!....  And I'm ready to Quit!!

"Anyone interested in taking over... My AV's PROPERTY??" I know I don't want my money I spent already to be Totally Wasted!!

I Want My Land I Just Purchased (a Homestead, so all you have to do is now pay monthly tier: $10.00 a week), & I Also Have... A Premium Account (which has another home inland, but owned by Linden & LIMITED)! Hence WHY....I purchased my own land, but now Can't Spend Money to do want I want!! I've already given to Linden Labs "Plenty... of My US Dollars".... & Now.... I Don't Want to Be On SL because of.... "IT'S LIMITATIONS" on How Much One Can Spend of THEIR OWN US Real Life Dollars!!

If your interested, look me up & contact me.... BEFORE.... LL gets All that I've Already Spent.... When I Quit!! Again!!!

I Decided I'll go back on Amazon and Spend As Much Money As I Want!! P.S. I love spending my money as long as it keeps me Amused!!

Edited by LadyVitality
Needed to Emphasize

Hello!

Sorry to hear you are having problems with spending your money.

You can see here your current limits https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/describe-limits.php?

They increase since you first purchase of L$, so even if you joined a month ago, if you just purchased L$ a few days ago, your billing limit would be exceeded by $30.

The two days you can only buy up to $250, after that, until 7 days have passed you can only buy up to $500, after that you can get $1,300 USD.

I do not fully understand how Levels work, it may be automatically applied or a Linden Lab employee may have to set it to your account. You can always have your limit's reviewed by a employee by contacting support at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Hope this helps and that you change your mind!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

Hello!

You can see here your current limits https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/describe-limits.php?

They increase since you first purchase of L$, so even if you joined a month ago, if you just purchased L$ a few days ago, your billing limit would be exceeded by $30.

The two days you can only buy up to $250, after that, until 7 days have passed you can only buy up to $500, after that you can get $1,300 USD.

I do not fully understand how Levels work, it may be automatically applied or a Linden Lab employee may have to set it to your account. You can always have your limit's reviewed by a employee by contacting support at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Are you Interested in my offer?? Because I'm Done with SL!! I Can't Spend My Own US Dollars!! So What's the Point of Being on SL?!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

Hello!

Plus, like I said... I've Already "Begged & Pleaded" with them and they Still Won't.... Let me Spend or Blow MY Money on How I Want.

Go Figure!! 

Plus, Any Venders or Sellers out there on SL... Won't Earn Any Money from me anymore, and that will Hurt SL Market Place Revenue!!

I'll just continue to Amuse Myself by Shopping on AMAZON.

Edited by LadyVitality
Making my point

2 minutes ago, LadyVitality said:

Are you Interested in my offer?? Because I'm Done with SL!! I Can't Spend My Own US Dollars!! So What's the Point of Being on SL?!!!!!!

You are limited in spending initially, so as to make sure that the US dollars you are spending ARE yours, andf not those of somebody who has had their credit card stolen, or their bank robbed at gunpoint, or from selling columbian nose candy to toddlers, etc. This is done because unlike a lot of other places, the in-game money somebody buys here could be taken out of the game by somebody with criminal intent using an alt, money laundering, which is against US Law.

If I picked your pocket, and stole your credit card one day, you wouldn't want LL allowing me to spend a few thousand US dollars on your card buying linden and sending them to my alts would you?

• Like 3

Yes, and they (SL) Has Had... Plenty of time, & verification that NONE OF MY PURCHASES HAVE BEEN DENIED!! 

Ahhh.... Duh!!

You don't think anyone who got their credit card stolen wouldn't notice that.... Slowly... within a Everyday Spending of 18 Days, I've spent/ blown $49,556.Ls = $196.22 US Dollars, which is Nothing to Me and my husband, as long as "I'm Entertained.... By Something"!!

I can give you Copy of My Purchase History, if you'd like. To Prove my 24 pages of purchases.

8 minutes ago, LadyVitality said:

Yes, and they (SL) Has Had... Plenty of time, & verification that NONE OF MY PURCHASES HAVE BEEN DENIED!! 

Ahhh.... Duh!!

You don't think anyone who got their credit card stolen wouldn't notice that.... Slowly... within a Everyday Spending of 18 Days, I've spent/ blown $49,556.Ls = $196.22 US Dollars, which is Nothing to Me and my husband, as long as "I'm Entertained.... By Something"!!

I can give you Copy of My Purchase History, if you'd like. To Prove my 24 pages of purchases.

you seem to love shouting so here we go....

we don't care and aren't really impressed by capitals or amounts you spend, and trheathing to leave.....

... just be patient like everybody else, your limit will rise soon.

and.. you did not purchase a homestead, you rent it. LL doesn't have weekly tiers...

if you don't like it .... you can make your own choice... but we can do nothing against it... and with this attitude i doubt we will regret.

• Like 7

SL is just Hurting Their "Market Place Revenue & Their Own Revenue" by Limiting A Customer (AV) who Has... Money to Blow!!

But... If That's the rules SL wants to stick to.... fine with me!! 

That's WHY.... I'm Offering... Anyone out there in SL... Whatever I Can Give them & Already Purchased... INCLUDING LAND (you pay monthly tier), could HAVE EVERYTHING THAT I CAN TRANSFER.... BEFORE I QUIT SL Again!!

Does not make sense as far as.... Being Business Wise!! But that's fine... if SL or It's Vendors.... Don't Want Someone Around to Be Able To Spend (stupid amounts of a hundreds of US$) Money!! 

Your All Loss!! Not Mine!! I can Amuse Myself.... on AMAZON Buying Things!! Been on Amazon for 8 years!

13 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you seem to love shouting so here we go....

we don't care and aren't really impressed by capitals or amounts you spend, and trheathing to leave.....

... just be patient like everybody else, your limit will rise soon.

and.. you did not purchase a homestead, you rent it. LL doesn't have weekly tiers...

if you don't like it .... you can make your own choice... but we can do nothing against it... and with this attitude i doubt we will regret.

Really??!!! Then TELL ME WHY... when you purchase a Sim... you have to STILL PAY A MONTHLY TIER?!!!!!!!!

Check your facts.... before you speak!

And.... I DON'T CARE EITHER.... about What Amount of Money that I spend!! 

I JUST WANT TO GIVE AWAY WHAT I'VE ALREADY SPENT MONEY ON.... to someone who Can Use It... BEFORE I QUIT THIS BORING SL!

I CAN BUY "REAL ITEMS ON AMAZON" & then Give Them Away Too... If I don't like them!!

THAT'S "MY CHOICE"!!!!!! 

LIKE YOU STATED!

Edited by LadyVitality
Statement & Facts

3 minutes ago, LadyVitality said:

Really??!!! Then TELL ME WHY... when you purchase a Sim... you have to STILL PAY A MONTHLY TIER?!!!!!!!!

Check your facts.... before you speak!

sweety.. you RENT a homestead from another resident or inworld company... indeed check your facts.

Linden Lab doesn't even sell single homesteads !

and if you own a full sim and a homestead, you will pay MONTHLY maintenance fees to them... NOT weekly rent

1 minute ago, LadyVitality said:

You haven't bought a sim. and the one you use isn't yours. You rent the homestead sim from another user, and not from LL. You don't own it. The user you rent it from owns it, and can take it back from you at any time and for any reason. You're the one who needs to check their facts.

In case you're interested, nobody can buy a homestead sim unless they already have a full sim. If a person owns a full sim, they can buy homesteads in quantities of 4. That's the way homesteads are. I hope you appreciate the 'fact' that we've taught you here ;)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, LadyVitality said:

Ahhh.... Duh!!

You mentioned earlier that your older alt is Premium" implying this alt is not Premium, so first off you CANNOT "own" a Homestead Region in SL, even if you were premium, you would have to pay the $600 setup fee, or pay somebody else to reimburse them for paying the $600 setup fee.

Second, the Tier on a Homestead is $125 a month, not $10 a week.

Third, for a non premium to RENT a Homestead Region from a Premium Landlord typically costs 7000 L$ a week, not 2500 L$ (your $10 US figure).

Your account's 18 days old, assuming you blew $100 US on the lindex in the first week, you are still under the $300 limit placed on accounts under 27 days, and 25k L$ lets you do some serious shopping / tipping / debauching with paid helpers.

As far as the marketplace goes, you can shop with US $ not linden $ if you want, and unlike the lindex where you are limited to $300 US buys, your TOTAL spend in SL on an 18 day account should be $1300 US, which leaves you $1100 USA to blow on clothes, skin, hair, mesh bodies, heads, boob jobs, ass jobs, naughty bits, jewelery, cars, bikes, boats, plains, trains, exploding walrus pool float toys, kinky bondage gear, your own turnip, and much much more!

My advice would be keep the 25k L$ you are allowed to buy during the next 10 days for paying the SL rent-boys/hookers, and the nude midget juggler, and buy a load of weird, perverted, amusing stuff off the MP with the other $1000 US.

• Like 3

You are quit right, Phil Deakins.  Thank you for Clarifying! 

As far as a Homestead...., I paid the "Initial Fee" & like I've said that all that has to be payed for now... is he The Monthly Tier.

And Yes.... I use to "Own My Own Sim" 3 1/2 years ago.  I really didn't  know how to manage it, & had lots of people scamming me & never got any pay for them using me. So... Just To Let You Know. And.... Yes...I had to pay for Monthly Tier, Even After... Purchasing My Own Sim. 

This Time.... I decided Not to buy a Whole Sim for myself, After All.... I Can't Spend the Money I Want To... Doing Other Things & Buying Items.

So.... Like I Said.... "What's the Point of Being on SL??!!!"  

Especially If I Would have Bought A Whole Sim.... I Wouldn't be able to do anything with it, because I"m Not Allowed to go over a certain limit.

Now, after giving SL another try & Now Can't Spend the Money "I Want To", So.... I GIVE UP with Being On SL! Because I'm Bored now! Because I Can't make Purchases For Some Time now.

And Thank you, for being so polite!

20 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

You haven't bought a sim. and the one you use isn't yours. You rent the homestead sim from another user, and not from LL. You don't own it. The user you rent it from owns it, and can take it back from you at any time and for any reason. You're the one who needs to check their facts.

In case you're interested, nobody can buy a homestead sim unless they already have a full sim. If a person owns a full sim, they can buy homesteads in quantities of 4. That's the way homesteads are. I hope you appreciate the 'fact' that we've taught you here ;)

16 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

You mentioned earlier that your older alt is Premium" implying this alt is not Premium, so first off you CANNOT "own" a Homestead Region in SL, even if you were premium, you would have to pay the $600 setup fee, or pay somebody else to reimburse them for paying the $600 setup fee.

Second, the Tier on a Homestead is $125 a month, not $10 a week.

Third, for a non premium to RENT a Homestead Region from a Premium Landlord typically costs 7000 L$ a week, not 2500 L$ (your $10 US figure).

Your account's 18 days old, assuming you blew $100 US on the lindex in the first week, you are still under the $300 limit placed on accounts under 27 days, and 25k L$ lets you do some serious shopping / tipping / debauching with paid helpers.

As far as the marketplace goes, you can shop with US $ not linden $ if you want, and unlike the lindex where you are limited to $300 US buys, your TOTAL spend in SL on an 18 day account should be $1300 US, which leaves you $1100 USA to blow on clothes, skin, hair, mesh bodies, heads, boob jobs, ass jobs, naughty bits, jewelery, cars, bikes, boats, plains, trains, exploding walrus pool fl oat toys, kinky bondage gear, your own turnip, and much much more!

My advice would be keep the 25k L$ you are allowed to buy during the next 10 days for paying the SL rent-boys/hookers, and the nude midget juggler, and buy a load of weird, perverted, amusing stuff off the MP with the other $1000 US.

Please read what I "just wrote" to Phil Deakins.

And Yes... I was on SL 4 or 5 years ago, Owned my Own Sim, made Lots of Purchases, & was having fun.... back then!! I Loved being on SL "As Long As I Could... BUY What Ever I Wanted To. I didn't want to have to "Count Prims", etc. Reason WHY I bought "My Own Sim". Then there was a Tragedy, My Son Is Now.... A Quadriplegic! And back then... I surrendered EVERYTHING On SL & Quit! All that money spent, etc., etc.

Recently..., I decided to get back on SL, and Now This New Rule of "Having Limits On How Much of My Own Money I Can Spend To Amuse Myself on SL"...  makes it... "Not Amusing Anymore" & in the 18 days I've been back on SL... I'm bored Now Because I Can't Spend ANY MORE Money.

So.... Once Again.......

"Whomever Wants"... ANYTHING that I can Transfer...., You Are More Than Welcome to contact me! & "I Even Have Lindens Left!!" You can Have It.... FOR FREE!!

7 minutes ago, LadyVitality said:

And Yes... I was on SL 4 or 5 years ago, Owned my Own Sim, made Lots of Purchases, & was having fun.... back then!! I Loved being on SL "As Long As I Could... BUY What Ever I Wanted To. I didn't want to have to "Count Prims", etc. Reason WHY I bought "My Own Sim". Then there was a Tragedy, My Son Is Now.... A Quadriplegic! And back then... I surrendered EVERYTHING On SL & Quit! All that money spent, etc., etc.

Recently..., I decided to get back on SL, and Now This New Rule of "Having Limits On How Much of My Own Money I Can Spend To Amuse Myself on SL"...  makes it... "Not Amusing Anymore" & in the 18 days I've been back on SL... I'm bored Now Because I Can't Spend ANY MORE Money.

So.... Once Again.......

"Whomever Wants"... ANYTHING that I can Transfer...., You Are More Than Welcome to contact me! & "I Even Have Lindens Left!!" You can Have It.... FOR FREE!!

Oh, and to let you know.... $700. in L or US means.... Nothing to me, if you're talking Thousands (over 5), then that's something I'd be a little rattled at loosing. But can get over it!

Like I've Already Stated..... "If I Can't Spend Money.... Then What's The Point Of Being On SL??????"

I JUST WANT TO GIVE AWAY... WHAT EVER I CAN.... Because SL... WON'T LET ME SPEND MY OWN MONEY! 

I'M DONE! For the Second Time!

Edited by LadyVitality
Forgot to make another point.

1 minute ago, LadyVitality said:

Oh, and to let you know.... $700. in L or US means.... Nothing to me, if you're talking Thousands (over 5), then that's something I'd be a little rattled at loosing. But can get over it!

I JUST WANT TO GIVE AWAY... WHAT EVER I CAN.... Because SL... WON'T LET ME SPEND MY OWN MONEY!

I'M DONE! For the Second Time!

Well, if you are determined to go we can't stop you.

Personally, with the amount of marketplace spending you have left, boredom shouldn't be that big an issue, I could keep my self amused for a month with $10 worth of shopping on the MP.

But if you are determined to give away all your trans items and remaining L$, pick names at random off the threads here, or  go hang out at the new Social Island and ambush noobs with nice surprises,

I can tell you from personal experience that one of the hardest things to find free/cheap for the impoverished SL Noob is reasonable looking shoes. I still fondly remember the stranger you gave me 25 ls to get some shoes that didnt have invisiprims, during my first  couple of weeks, 5 years ago when i started.

1 hour ago, LadyVitality said:

So.... Once Again.......

Just curious -- who are you quoting?

Yes! Go give newbs the toys you don't want! Giving random small amounts to newbs is a GREAT feeling. Making a big difference to them with a small investment from you is really sweet. 

It sucks that you're feeling this way and haven't figured out how to spend USD in marketplace instead of Lindens as someone has suggested. For some, being patient isn't an option. The need for speed takes over rational thought. That said, nothing's stopping you from going to play in Amazon and then coming back here when your limit has increased, right?

12 hours ago, LadyVitality said:

SL is just Hurting Their "Market Place Revenue & Their Own Revenue" by Limiting A Customer (AV) who Has... Money to Blow!!

But... If That's the rules SL wants to stick to.... fine with me!! 

That's WHY.... I'm Offering... Anyone out there in SL... Whatever I Can Give them & Already Purchased... INCLUDING LAND (you pay monthly tier), could HAVE EVERYTHING THAT I CAN TRANSFER.... BEFORE I QUIT SL Again!!

Does not make sense as far as.... Being Business Wise!! But that's fine... if SL or It's Vendors.... Don't Want Someone Around to Be Able To Spend (stupid amounts of a hundreds of US$) Money!! 

Your All Loss!! Not Mine!! I can Amuse Myself.... on AMAZON Buying Things!! Been on Amazon for 8 years!

Your comparing Amazon to Second Life? I'm speechless.

It's been explained in as much english and clearly as possible. Since you're only been here since March, there is a progressive system in place for new participants. Hit a certain date and volia, you get to break out the major plastic (impress your neighbors and friends!). Until then, go curl up to what ever you can get from Amazon and take your self entitled ass and please, do go elsewhere.

BTW, it takes a lot to get a preemptive ban in my regions. You hit it.

Edited by JessiSweeney
  • Like 1

Even with just half of the new account 1st month trading limit, and a homestead....  I think I could entertain myself for days landscaping, putting out houses, furnishing them...  even if was all spent on clothes, spend some time trying each one on, organizing inventory so you'll be able to find all that you purchased easily.   There are lots of places to go sight-see at and take pictures of yourself  looking beautiful while visiting.   You can also make purchases from the marketplace with paypal direclty, in USD.  If you are this bored already, and can't wait until the limit is increased after the first month, then this probably isn't the right place for keeping yourself entertained.  

Back to the original topic for this forum:  Regions for Sale: Homesteads.  

If you really own the homestead directly (pay USD tier directly to LL monthly), you should probably specify what date the tier is next due, whether it is a grandfathered homestead or not, what price you are looking for (or free if you really want to give it away) and whether you or the buy will pay the transfer fees.

If you are paying tier to anyone else - either on a weekly or monthly basis - this is the wrong forum category.  Additionally, you should check your agreement with whomever you're leasing from to make sure that you can sub-lease it.  If that is what you want to do, I would suggest a new post in the "Rental Regions: Homestead" category, with just the details about the rental - size, prims, cost, etc.   I believe in this scenario whomever rents it would be paying you, and you would still be responsible for paying the owner of the homestead sim. Given what you have written above, I would be very wary of renting in this situation, because I would have doubts about whether you would be remaining around in order to pay the sim owner. 

If you are truly planning on leaving SL however, I would suggest that you not renew your lease (don't pay for any additional time than what you have already paid for), and let it run out after the term that you have already paid for (in which the land will revert back to whomever owns it at that point).  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.