The Home and Garden thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The house looks so big and roomy. Is it many bedrooms?

There's a bedroom, living room, and kitchen on the bottom floor. Upstairs is very open with one bedroom. I've also turned the open space to my office on one side and a sitting area on the other. 

• Thanks 1

More decor. I still have 100 prims left on the property, but I will stop now.

This graveyard is to the left of the house. It was a narrow fit. I did very little changes on the set. Took off the fog bacease I used another fog. Edited the ground darker. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Mayas-Abandoned-Scary-Cemetery-Fog-Dead-Tree-Grave-Scary-Sound-Animations-Skeleton-Ghost-Crypt-Fence-Crow-Bench/15574016

By the way, the black pumpkin is very visible, I think I edit it into some trees. It's an emitter for bats.

halloween skybox_007.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
added credits
  • Like 10

6 hours ago, Kai Lyvingstone said:

I rented an apartment for the first time ever last week. I only have 50 prims so after a while it does feel reeeally limiting, but hey, it's L$50 a week.

Snapshot_042.png

Snapshot_043.png

When I came back to SL, I rented in Baja and I think I only had about 80 prims. Was challenging but doable. Though today I'm not sure how I would survive with just 80 prims lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Prisqua Newall said:

When I came back to SL, I rented in Baja and I think I only had about 80 prims. Was challenging but doable. Though today I'm not sure how I would survive with just 80 prims lol

The trick is to have a space small enough so that you can make it look "full" without using too many items/prims. This has gotten a lot easier with mesh, as there are many decorations just ranging between 1-5 prims each and still looking good. I found that it gives a room a "lively" feeling, when there are small object here and there. Some books stacked on each other next to a bed, folded towels in the bathroom, newspaper and magazines on the coffee table in the livingroom... I'm currently living in a one-room skybox and never had more prims left than now.

• Like 2

I was searching for small inexpensive parcel just use as a play ground. And I got lucky after few days of roaming about in different places. At Gaeta (the unfinished continent) there was a parcel 368 m², with amazingly low price at 206 L$ (0.56 L$ per square meter). I had to rub my eyes and look again was there zero or two missing from the end of the price. But no, 206 L$ it really was. Bought! Parcel capacity is only 126 LI but that's enough for my small building projects. I have already collected good supply of very low LI items.

So, what to build there? Outside swimming pool (I'm obsessed with that one xD ), one room too perhaps? Done!

General view towards south.
2018-10-25_Gaeta-Parcel-1.thumb.jpg.0fd8374663f164f157fc77969a4af05d.jpg

View towards east.
2018-10-25_Gaeta-Parcel-2.thumb.jpg.8f538e472bb6fa79f2ac8bcc4300429c.jpg

And spacious bedroom at ground level (not under the pool like in my Linden home).
2018-10-25_Gaeta-Parcel-3.thumb.jpg.c400e08457a36e9cc7fbafe148ff2b55.jpg

I wonder what ever has happened with Gaeta continent? There are lots of free space there (abandoned parcels). The general look of Gaeta is actually pretty good. The houses look nice and the continent is not littered with bad builds like many other places are. There is no ugly gray granite textures anywhere to be seen. I think it has been more popular place than it is now. What has happened? Even the continent never got finished, big part in the east has missing regions which never materialized.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

I wonder what ever has happened with Gaeta continent?

Is there a valid map with continent names on them somewhere?  I know back a decade ago, I had one bookmarked, but can't find it anywhere.

Side question -- I know you mentioned before that you patio table/chairs were super low LI.  Where did you get that set?

51 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Is there a valid map with continent names on them somewhere?  I know back a decade ago, I had one bookmarked, but can't find it anywhere.
Side question -- I know you mentioned before that you patio table/chairs were super low LI.  Where did you get that set?

I have seen the maps of the continents too. Now I don't remember where it was.
- - - - -
About the patio set:

The set is: ">>KAZZA<< Line Breeze - EncounterSetChairs"
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/KAZZA/100/185/23
Creator: Danilo Pexie
• The package has adult and moderate versions
• Price: 499 L$

I think I mentioned earlier that the LI is only 1. It's actually 6 LI. Still super low for the complete set.

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2018 at 11:51 PM, Coby Foden said:

I have seen the maps of the continents too. Now I don't remember where it was.
- - - - -
About the patio set:

The set is: ">>KAZZA<< Line Breeze - EncounterSetChairs"
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/KAZZA/100/185/23
Creator: Danilo Pexie
• The package has adult and moderate versions
• Price: 499 L$

I think I mentioned earlier that the LI is only 1. It's actually 6 LI. Still super low for the complete set.

It's so sad that it isn't mod. It is too big for my avatars.

Annoying, that Kazza's Tuscan Couch is mod, and another set. But every other blasted thing is no mod. It is nice and low prim.

Their lighthouse is so great, but I can't unlink the trees I don't want.

51 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It's so sad that it isn't mod. It is too big for my avatars.

Annoying, that Kazza's Tuscan Couch is mod, and another set. But every other blasted thing is no mod. It is nice and low prim.

Their lighthouse is so great, but I can't unlink the trees I don't want.

Yeah, that thing is too big for me too. It's quite impossible to adjust the animations in that set for small avatar so that it would look right.
I always try to buy modifiable things unless no-mod happens to be what I absolutely want to have - which doesn't happen often.
No-mod is like a bad decease in SL. :(  I have even noticed some things which are: no-mod, no-copy, no-transfer. OMG, what? ¬¬

2 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

I have even noticed some things which are: no-mod, no-copy, no-transfer. OMG, what?

You can't have a single item be no-everything, but you can create a no-mod no-copy item and then stick an item in it that is set to no-tran and the results is no-everything. I think sometimes creators goof accidentally and forgot to test the final perms by giving the item to someone.  Since those perms are all for the next owner, they don't show as no-everything in the creator's inventory.

3 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Yeah, that thing is too big for me too. It's quite impossible to adjust the animations in that set for small avatar so that it would look right.
I always try to buy modifiable things unless no-mod happens to be what I absolutely want to have - which doesn't happen often.
No-mod is like a bad decease in SL. :(  I have even noticed some things which are: no-mod, no-copy, no-transfer. OMG, what? ¬¬

I still have that group up, I just try to keep it far from other furniture so the size isn't so noticeable.

I can talk up a sitting group that is modify, low prim and cheap. When I bought it, it was set to a lower price for group members in the store. The DDD wicker set. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DDD-Wicker-Set-Tex-Change-PG-Low-Prim-Multipiece/12178526

Since we talk about Kazza, the plaid and pillow on the right chair is from the one of two modify Kazza furniture sets. It drives me crazy that I bought so many no mod items from them when I was a bit bigger - or didn't I notice it back then?

sunset_048.png

• Like 3

Well, pictures coming up, but it's not finished. The walled garden will have flowers all around the inside walls, and the jury is still out on the green ground texture. I want it different from the other land, but it's not perfect. I didn't do much with the pictures, I took them on a windlight without shadows. Edit: And I had the graphics on middle, no wonder the pictures look bland. I forgot to set them up after I had several avatars logged on the same machine.

The house is totally empty. I spent all the time putting together the ground.

ponyvale_001.jpg

ponyvale_003.jpg

ponyvale_005.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

2 pictures of a better quality. The stone walls look much better here. I like the garage, even if it's using so much LI. I tectured the driveway from another house, it's 1 Linden. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/JU-Tile-With-Grass-3D-Textures-Full-Perm/9215972

Should I build the picket fence to the garage? I will need an opening, or else it looks stupid to cut off walking around the builds. And then I must move the tree and expand the walkway.

ponyvale2_003.jpg

ponyvale2_001.jpg

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.