The Home and Garden thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We just rented a parcel up in Rurik.  I cleaned it all off and put this on.

Front view coming in from ocean:

https://gyazo.com/617c4375b5929b5b97c7820c19eb2f20

Backview:

https://gyazo.com/04963678fc3940db93bcaef54b25d8d4

Living room:

https://gyazo.com/5784277197b6a3e473acd3fcbcaecdb9

Ktichen (stolen from one of my other houses....LOL)

https://gyazo.com/d5fe4d3f86502c3427a9264623611424

I will post some others as we finish the rooms up :)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DerrickDude said:

We just rented a parcel up in Rurik.  I cleaned it all off and put this on.

Front view coming in from ocean:

https://gyazo.com/617c4375b5929b5b97c7820c19eb2f20

Backview:

https://gyazo.com/04963678fc3940db93bcaef54b25d8d4

Living room:

https://gyazo.com/5784277197b6a3e473acd3fcbcaecdb9

Ktichen (stolen from one of my other houses....LOL)

https://gyazo.com/d5fe4d3f86502c3427a9264623611424

I will post some others as we finish the rooms up :)

I like it. You use the helicopter much? I admit that I am tempted to put on a helipad, but I don't have time to fly...

Room under my swimming pool updated.
My friend felt a bit claustrophobic in the first layout so re-arranged things and opened the view a bit.
There are three windows in this room. I put semi-transparent glass tiles on the two windows on the opposite walls.
On the window at back wall I put window shutter with alpha masked texture. So no alpha glitching issues with that one.
The blue/white ceiling of the room is the swimming pool's outer bottom surface.
Even I like it more this new arrangement as it doesn't feel so closed anymore. ?

View of the room from the entrance.
2018-10-06_Japanese-room1.thumb.jpg.e85ec83b96c35889983937eb7973b1cd.jpg

View from the back corner towards the entrance.
2018-10-06_Japanese-room2.thumb.jpg.3c789a8b3185f82142af7eb69f2de904.jpg

• Like 3

This is home too? I just finished this photo skybox.

I haven't used all of it, the brick wall and one of the other backgrounds. Most is old, it is amazing what I can find in my inventory. Some projected lights is my own, like the blinds light and the one from the umbrella projector.

The skybox itself is Modern Studio Skybox solid 2 LI, and the walls has an interesting pattern that I can use as a background too.

It is big, but only 2 LI. It is good to have room to operate the camera in.

The third image has a photo studio prop, the camera is just pretend, if I want to have an alt to act as photographer. It is Photo Studio Pose Prop, also from Chic Aeon. But the umbrella projector is me editing a projector and add projected light to it. The colored orbs that cast patters is LightMe Professional Stage Lighting. The background with a yellow and a red light is from Studio Snaps, but I edited off many parts. The brick background is ninety- backdrop Street [ gift ] and I think it's retired. It's old. The black background is WDK- "Here we are" group pose w/background. The background was really versatile, nice shading, good textures. The bokeh plate is a background from an old exposeur poseset called suspension.

It's still room for lots of backdrops.

studio_001.jpg

studio_002.jpg

studio_003.jpg

• Like 5

Today I installed second, a bigger, swimming pool on top of the roof in my Linden home. Perfect place to enjoy sunsets and sunrises - and burn avatar's skin at noon.
Now I really don't know which one to keep, the one inside the house, or this rooftop one? The inside one is nice, so is the outside one. Hmm... o.O
(Starting to run out of prims, so either one must go.)

On ground level outside near entrance door I have a "TP prim" enabling quick access to the rooftop pool. I made glass walls around pool and the rooftop so nobody falls down and breaks a leg. :ph34r: There is opening towards the balcony where any avatar can safely drop onto.

462454021_2018-10-13_rooftoppool-1.thumb.jpg.e7408dc4e67147f5f8c55ac0a8772792.jpg

820976516_2018-10-13_rooftoppool-2.thumb.jpg.9bd68ae43dd45bd5f92582798848e04d.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Today I installed second, a bigger, swimming pool on top of the roof in my Linden home. Perfect place to enjoy sunsets and sunrises - and burn avatar's skin at noon.
Now I really don't know which one to keep, the one inside the house, or this rooftop one? The inside one is nice, so is the outside one. Hmm... o.O
(Starting to run out of prims, so either one must go.)

On ground level outside near entrance door I have a "TP prim" enabling quick access to the rooftop pool. I made glass walls around pool and the rooftop so nobody falls down and breaks a leg. :ph34r: There is opening towards the balcony where any avatar can safely drop onto.

462454021_2018-10-13_rooftoppool-1.thumb.jpg.e7408dc4e67147f5f8c55ac0a8772792.jpg

820976516_2018-10-13_rooftoppool-2.thumb.jpg.9bd68ae43dd45bd5f92582798848e04d.jpg

So one pool must go? I don't know.... I think I would keep the indoor one and try to make a rooftop garden?

The indoor one is just so genious!

• Like 1

I used the phrase "Herregud!", as you perhaps guess it's same as "Oh my God!"

I was flipping through blogs and saw an amazing kitchen. I mean, wow. I have the Schulz bros kitchen and the Consignent kitchen plus the modern one for Palm View house, but this kitchen made my eyes large and round.

I saw it was from Hive and that explains the look. So I read the next post, a very pretty house. I am tired of putting down cobweb and pumpkins, so I think I'll check the house on the MP.

And the price, for a huge house from Scarlet Creative? 188 L!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Scarlet-Creative-Magicae-House/15733135

Wow again. I want to take down the haunted house I am decorating and set up this beauty now!

But I will not do it before Halloween is over.

Big picture of the kitchen in this blogpost: https://staubissecondlifeblog.blogspot.com/2018/10/practical-kitchen.html

And the kitchen cost only 188 L too! Amazing. I am in awe.

Edited by Marianne Little
kitchen price
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I used the phrase "Herregud!", as you perhaps guess it's same as "Oh my God!"

I was flipping through blogs and saw an amazing kitchen. I mean, wow. I have the Schulz bros kitchen and the Consignent kitchen plus the modern one for Palm View house, but this kitchen made my eyes large and round.

I saw it was from Hive and that explains the look. So I read the next post, a very pretty house. I am tired of putting down cobweb and pumpkins, so I think I'll check the house on the MP.

And the price, for a huge house from Scarlet Creative? 188 L!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Scarlet-Creative-Magicae-House/15733135

Wow again. I want to take down the haunted house I am decorating and set up this beauty now!

But I will not do it before Halloween is over.

Big picture of the kitchen in this blogpost: https://staubissecondlifeblog.blogspot.com/2018/10/practical-kitchen.html

And the kitchen cost only 188 L too! Amazing. I am in awe.

I do know the house is a lot of prims, so make sure you have room for it. I went to see it for myself and Scarlet Creative actually posted on the ad that they're sorry about all the prims lol.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TatianaNikolay said:

I do know the house is a lot of prims, so make sure you have room for it. I went to see it for myself and Scarlet Creative actually posted on the ad that they're sorry about all the prims lol.

My Palm View house is a lot to fill with furniture. I can do as I did there, hang curtains and have a couple of empty rooms. And not have skyboxes, only the 2 LI skybox and some poseprops.

I plan to use the rooms upstairs when I need to set up a scene, and just fill the first floor with furniture.

It was a bit over the top with all the stairs, but I understand it's made after a house from a movie. No problem with too many prims in RL! I hope she makes a version with just the same kitchen and conservatory, but only one set of stairs. Lots of LI to save there. It was the kitchen that sold the house to me. I would buy a new version of the house too, as long as the kitchen stays the same size and layout.

I was trying to shrink it, it is possible with a resizer script. I resized the three parts and pushed them together. I reduced it 25% and that took off 94 Li.

That's a lot of free LI to play with, but Scarlet Creative does not make homes for 8 feet tall people. So when the house was so small, I could not walk through the doors without hitting my head. I could only resize it down 5% without me looking like Godzilla in it. And well, 5% was so few LI saved that it's not worth it.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

I had to think thoroughly which pool to keep, the in house one or the rooftop one? After re-arranging the rooftop pool I really started to like it. So I took the in house pool and its accessories (main structure, physics shape, prim water and couple of additional items) and took them back to inventory as coalescent object. I carefully noted the coordinates in notepad so it's easy to put it back if I change my mind later.

So, this is the rooftop pool in its present state. Views to the east, south and west are really nice.
By the way, first time I noticed now that the default Windlight has slightly different colours at sunrise and sunset, sunrise is more reddish and sunset is more yellowish..

View to the east - sunrise
2018-10-15_pool-sunrise.thumb.jpg.055f8d963dc9129fb3cd4e48d881b1a9.jpg

View to the west - sunset
2018-10-15_pool-sunset.thumb.jpg.370442283d11f8e5d84effb0bf95cd87.jpg

View to the south, early in the morning
2018-10-15_pool-view-to-south.thumb.jpg.53c69fb708e47620397ef8576478e5db.jpg

(On the north side of my home side there are plenty of houses packed close to each other, nothing interesting to see there, so no picture here.)

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

I had to think thoroughly which pool to keep, the in house one or the rooftop one? After re-arranging the rooftop pool I really started to like it. So I took the in house pool and its accessories (main structure, physics shape, prim water and couple of additional items) and took them back to inventory as coalescent object. I carefully noted the coordinates in notepad so it's easy to put it back if I change my mind later.

So, this is the rooftop pool in its present state. Views to the east, south and west are really nice.
By the way, first time I noticed now that the default Windlight has slightly different colours at sunrise and sunset, sunrise is more reddish and sunset is more yellowish..

View to the east - sunrise
2018-10-15_pool-sunrise.thumb.jpg.055f8d963dc9129fb3cd4e48d881b1a9.jpg

View to the west - sunset
2018-10-15_pool-sunset.thumb.jpg.370442283d11f8e5d84effb0bf95cd87.jpg

View to the south, early in the morning
2018-10-15_pool-view-to-south.thumb.jpg.53c69fb708e47620397ef8576478e5db.jpg

(On the north side of my home side there are plenty of houses packed close to each other, nothing interesting to see there, so no picture here.)

While that is gorgeous, you may want to consider Keira Linden's clarification in this post about modified Linden homes.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

While that is gorgeous, you may want to consider Keira Linden's clarification in this post about modified Linden homes.

Thanks for the warning. I have been a bit confused about that "you may not modify Linden home". As they are no-mod of course they cannot be modified in any way. But according to Keira's post it is seems to be clear that it means also additional structures which are seen from outside of the house. Now I wonder can we add internal structures or not? In my Linden home there is impractically huge room and I have divided it into three parts with two partial division walls. And then I had the in house swimming pool too. (Waiting in my inventory to be put back after I have dismantled the really great outside pool.) ?

Why they cannot be exactly clear what is allowed and what is not? o.O  For me it has been one of the most interesting and rewarding times since I went premium and took that Linden home. :ph34r:Go nomad once again? Well, that was kind of fun too.

PS. It occurred to me, we would need a new feature: How about if we could hide our own selected objects in the parcel just like we hide the avatars from outside view?
Then we could build anything in Linden home, without disturbing the views of our neighbors. Perfect solution. Yes. ?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

Now I wonder can we add internal structures or not? In my Linden home there is impractically huge room and I have divided it into three parts with two partial division walls.

I sort of remember it being said somewhere that walls and lofts and such could be added inside. I tried searching, but can't seem to find that reference now.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.