The Home and Garden thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been enjoying trying out the 1L freebies from Primpossible (thanks Marianne and Claireschen!). I combined a couple of them with a free 1 prim barrel from Jomo to reach the ceiling height (although I might be tempted to build a corner planter or something in the future):

Homepossible_005.thumb.png.b7b32018f305aa34ed87ea07dad70429.png

Homepossible_004.thumb.png.f9485ece139b0f6ae96c61cf2a52433f.png

• Like 4

On 8.8.2018 at 11:58 PM, Marianne Little said:

The master bedroom has its own walk in closet in another room, so I opted for a large fireplace here as well, instead of closets. One of the walls has three large windows and the other wall large sliding doors. I had to use curtains here. The twinkle curtains is placed so they shine through a bit, even when the solid ones is closed.

aroom_016.jpg

I love that fireplace, where is it from?

On 8/10/2018 at 5:27 AM, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I want a little pocket-marianne to decorate my home for me! ;_;

On 8/10/2018 at 6:25 AM, Prisqua Newall said:

You and me both. This is what I found today at my headquarters lol I just don't have the time, too many things to do RL and SL.

/me blushes. Well, you must have the twinkle curtains then....

Haha, I think it is so many great homes here, I am somewhere in the middle.

Okay, time to present my new home. At least the indoor part, since I didn't do much at the outdoor area yet, except for putting down a tree, a few grasses around it, and a swimming pool.

Also, indoors is not 100% finished, since I'm still a few items missing, and my entrance is a barren wasteland. But I gotta be carefull, because otherwise I won't have enough prims for the garden. 

1.thumb.jpg.3cad25c7612de5a964edb4611e7c1c04.jpg2.thumb.jpg.c36d0bebadf46befafa9b975e1d5f695.jpg3.thumb.jpg.08d4099320d3a9635be7941658c8c47b.jpg

• Like 13

Sukubia, I like what you have done. Also I see many familiar items :)

I've just noticed that I still have half of the prims to use but not so much space. My island is not so big, even if it is on 4096 parcel. So I guess it is time to set up a skybox just in case if I am bored with the beach.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Okay, time to present my new home. At least the indoor part, since I didn't do much at the outdoor area yet, except for putting down a tree, a few grasses around it, and a swimming pool.

Also, indoors is not 100% finished, since I'm still a few items missing, and my entrance is a barren wasteland. But I gotta be carefull, because otherwise I won't have enough prims for the garden. 

1.thumb.jpg.3cad25c7612de5a964edb4611e7c1c04.jpg2.thumb.jpg.c36d0bebadf46befafa9b975e1d5f695.jpg3.thumb.jpg.08d4099320d3a9635be7941658c8c47b.jpg

Beautiful

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You can compare the layout and see what I changed:

roost_012.jpg.475420e27fdc5f0eea4d08c31a

I took away the tennis court and replaced it with flowers, paths and a small pond. I was very happy with the softer forms for the driveway. It was too much grey driveway and a very hard angle there.

The shadow is from the fence. I had to derender a tree to show the driveway properly. The lawn grass is also greener,  used a better texture.

garden1_002.jpg

garden1_003.jpg

garden1_004.jpg

garden1_006.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

You can compare the layout and see what I changed:

roost_012.jpg.475420e27fdc5f0eea4d08c31a

I took away the tennis court and replaced it with flowers, paths and a small pond. I was very happy with the softer forms for the driveway. It was too much grey driveway and a very hard angle there.

The shadow is from the fence. I had to derender a tree to show the driveway properly. The lawn grass is also greener,  used a better texture.

garden1_002.jpg

garden1_003.jpg

garden1_004.jpg

garden1_006.jpg

Oh, I like that pond, where is if from?

The stepping stones are really cool, althoug those translate to tripping stones for me, at least in RL. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Oh, I like that pond, where is if from?

The stepping stones are really cool, althoug those translate to tripping stones for me, at least in RL. 

I choose a quick fix. I think Landscaping by Felix has so many nice sets, and they are mod so I can change up things, remove, copy, add other things. I bought this set, and maybe he have only the pond for sale.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Mesh-Backyard-Garden-Scene-by-Felix-25x25m86-Prim-copy-mody/15263616

I see that I deleted the wrong picture, one stepping stone did not rez first, you see the bottom one? One missing? I took another picture and thought I deleted this. But clearly not. Most stones is 4 in a row, straight or curve, but also some single ones.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I choose a quick fix. I think Landscaping by Felix has so many nice sets, and they are mod so I can change up things, remove, copy, add other things. I bought this set, and maybe he have only the pond for sale.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Mesh-Backyard-Garden-Scene-by-Felix-25x25m86-Prim-copy-mody/15263616

I see that I deleted the wrong picture, one stepping stone did not rez first, you see the bottom one? One missing? I took another picture and thought I deleted this. But clearly not. Most stones is 4 in a row, straight or curve, but also some single ones.

Gonna take a look if he sells single parts, thanks!

Also, looks a bit like the missing stone has reverted to the low-lod model, since I think you can see a teeny piece of stone!
Also, since you have a lot of stuff - do you experience a lot of texture-thrashing?

I pay a lot for internet connection, so I can not say that I am bothered with it. I don't have shadows unless I take pictures, I have a Lenovo laptop that is three years old.

I miss my stationary, maybe I can get an upgrade with more memory and graphics. I crashed more often and lagged on it.

We need a good internet, we are 4 online (almost) all the time.

• Like 1

Have you seen the new Dust Bunny set? Pricey but OMG, I love it. I couldn't resist. I think Dust Bunny is hanging out too much with Apple Fall though because 275L for croissants is up the alley of Apple Fall. The New Apple Fall set is beautiful too but cannot justify the prices. Will have to wait for a sale.

Giving this Dust Bunny set a test run ;)

I'm probably going to use the pillows all around in the public areas, and create a romantic spot somewhere around where it is now (the girls just wanted to see it, and ended up doing another Chatterbox session lol). I'll need a few more trees there I think, to make it cosier or something.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prisqua Newall said:

Have you seen the new Dust Bunny set? Pricey but OMG, I love it. I couldn't resist. I think Dust Bunny is hanging out too much with Apple Fall though because 275L for croissants is up the alley of Apple Fall. The New Apple Fall set is beautiful too but cannot justify the prices. Will have to wait for a sale.

Giving this Dust Bunny set a test run ;)

I'm probably going to use the pillows all around in the public areas, and create a romantic spot somewhere around where it is now (the girls just wanted to see it, and ended up doing another Chatterbox session lol). I'll need a few more trees there I think, to make it cosier or something.

It is beautiful!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.