The Home and Garden thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

27 minutes ago, TatianaNikolay said:

I *think* the inside is done. The outside has far more to do and I have to wait until my friend is on because she likes landscaping lol. I love the upstairs..my bedroom branches off (I didn't take a pic yet) but one side is my office and the other is a lounge area for friends. I had a spare room downstairs and my friend said it should be a studio/glam room. 

Snapshot_005.png

Snapshot_006.png

I love that couch and that kitchen, two of my favourite items :) Beautiful home you made.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One of my friends decided to set up another skybox on top of mine which serves as "storage for admin stuff"... She wanted to set up her desk.... So I said, "Good idea. Here's my stuff for our new headquarter," and I unpacked "some" gacha... I just thought of taking a before-pic as it looked so messy when I left yesterday, but I see now she started organising the office. Can't wait to see it finish, though I'm going to keep dropping off my office stuff as I find them to keep her busy lol and once my other friend realise what's going on, she will also want to set up an office... I love Second Life :D

Aussie-shores-hq.jpg

• Like 5

On 7/26/2018 at 6:01 AM, Prisqua Newall said:

hampton-forum_001.thumb.jpg.afcbbc3b65db6129c8039e93d838d3bd.jpg

This is another one of my rentals. It took me hours to build the deck and terraform the parcel to fit. The deck is from DAD and it's a modular set. I built another deck, much bigger and it took me two days and lots of yelling lol but I'm getting the hang of it now and figured out a way to kinda cheat my way through it. My mate said: Pris, it's just like playing with Lego. It's not lol

Ooh, I think I must buy that deck set. I have held back, since I have my BA deck set. And DAD is expensive. But to be honest, I find the BA wood a bit dull and dark.

But where is the house from? It is so cute. It is a really good match, the deck and the house.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TatianaNikolay said:

I *think* the inside is done. The outside has far more to do and I have to wait until my friend is on because she likes landscaping lol. I love the upstairs..my bedroom branches off (I didn't take a pic yet) but one side is my office and the other is a lounge area for friends. I had a spare room downstairs and my friend said it should be a studio/glam room. 

Snapshot_005.png

Snapshot_007.png

I totally love all you done, but the dining room is my #1. Let me guess, you put together many different designers? I was looking at dining chairs in Apple Fall, thinking I should buy several different ones and do something like this. Then I went on vacation in RL and things slow down in SL.

The table and the tableware is so rustic and I love how it looks together.

The couch in the top image is really nice and colorful too, and the tables match it so well, even if they look different, it is the same wood.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

this week FLF brings us nice ivy room divider at dust bunny, a pool at floorplan and some decor animals (I guess birds only) at jian 

there's more of course but these are the ones I like the most

Edited by Kotelle
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Ooh, I think I must buy that deck set. I have held back, since I have my BA deck set. And DAD is expensive. But to be honest, I find the BA wood a bit dull and dark.

But where is the house from? It is so cute. It is a really good match, the deck and the house.

It's a Dad house. It was at the last round of Uber I think and DAD was also selling a modular deck but since I have that one, I didn't bother, and didn't really like the look of it either.

It's a big expense, but it's worth it, though I guess you'd have to use it with a white house. It wouldn't with the Tia house that Kotelle has. I have have another beach house that is white but came with it's own dock; I could possibly redo it one with the DAD one and it probably would look better. You're welcome to check my builds. Link is in my picks. The one below was the first one I built. I used to have my Roost Palmview house there, so I originally made it to go down to my private beach (now it's a public beach).

deck-dad-big_up.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I totally love all you done, but the dining room is my #1. Let me guess, you put together many different designers? I was looking at dining chairs in Apple Fall, thinking I should buy several different ones and do something like this. Then I went on vacation in RL and things slow down in SL.

The table and the tableware is so rustic and I love how it looks together.

The couch in the top image is really nice and colorful too, and the tables match it so well, even if they look different, it is the same wood.

Actually, the dining room was a complete set with chairs. Scarlet Creative Sunday Table.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Syo Emerald said:

I had the same living room set for a long time.

Somehow, that does not surprise me, heh.
I actually had to downgrade for that set - I had mesh before, the Arizona set, but I REALLY liked this one. And even though I used sculpted furniture, I've managed to pack a lot of stuff in there, so I was happy with that.

Working on my new home.
Scaled myself and the home down to get a little bit more bang for my buck, removed features I didn't absolutely need, like the entire front, the back entrance and a light, changed some of the textures.
I'm now down to 35LI from 72LI. 

cabin.thumb.jpg.4e781efd512e347ae15574a615ed71fa.jpg

• Like 10

On ‎04‎.‎08‎.‎2018 at 12:21 AM, Syo Emerald said:

I took a little photo series of the outside area of my new home. I especially enjoy it with a night setting on. The little tray in the tea house actually serves tee to those, who click on it.

Snapshot_018.png

I think this angle was really dramatic!

I am still messing with my house, filled another room. It is sold as a 4 bedroom house, but I will use 1 bedroom as a second livingroom and then I simply don't have enough prims, so I will take out the door scripts in 2 bedrooms so they don't open on accident.

Hope I will have time to take pictures this evening.

Only a bit over 100 prims left, sigh. What to do when they are used up? I am filling empty space now, a lamp here, a stack of books there, some plants here and there. Even with 1-2 prims items in mesh, the prims will run out. And I haven't furnished the bathroom yet.

Time to sell some land in another sim and try to grab more where I live.

• Like 2

Many pictures of one room. This is supposed to be a bedroom. I use it as a second living room. I wanted a different look here, more cozy maybe? The fireplace is covering the built in closet, I detached the closet doors.

I really like the fireplace. It is only 4 LI, but I edited it so it is 5. (with decorations and wood) This is because the original flames is so ugly (in my opinion), so I edit off the flames from another fireplace, so I can replace the original flame. The room divider is 1 LI and is a 1 §L freebie. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PrimPossible-1-Prim-FREEBIE-FAT-PACK/3146348

It does not matter much that it's no copy, I bought two packs. And it is modify items, so I can fit the room divider between the floors. It is not possible to unlink or move the decor, it is linked mesh objects so I can't unlink or move just one decor. Still, well worth it. (The MP ad says no mod, but I can mod it)

aroom_009.jpg

aroom_010.jpg

aroom_007.jpg

aroom_002.jpg

aroom_003.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
added some
  • Like 9

It is not so easy to decorate the windows since they go all the way down to the floor, but I use the glass table from Fancy Decor so I can add lamps and small things. Blinds from Dutchie.aroom_011.jpg.07680c8eb6bfde87147bbaba78fe0310.jpg

The kitchen/dining area is almost only windows and also this modern staircase. I haven't found out how to add some furniture here, but the modern lamps from Tartessos Arts and the room divider from Primpossible does the job. The room divider look nice on both sides, with small decor stuff.aroom_012.jpg.c18c61efb8ef3ff9ea623c3da572e8f9.jpg

And finally, the Forest Dining set from Bazar got some black and gold plate mats instead of the original ones.aroom_013.jpg.263ab42d60ea0bfd21e5618c0c48e33b.jpg

• Like 6

The master bedroom has its own walk in closet in another room, so I opted for a large fireplace here as well, instead of closets. One of the walls has three large windows and the other wall large sliding doors. I had to use curtains here. The twinkle curtains is placed so they shine through a bit, even when the solid ones is closed.

aroom_016.jpg

aroom_015.jpg

aroom_014.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

There's also a corner version available for L$1 https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ALL-FREEBIES-DEMO-EVERYTHING-MESH-FISH-TANK-Aquarium/11097606 just noticed the box room divider i've been after for what feels like forever is now included in that pack got would have been perfect in my old place haven't really got the room to have it rezzed in my current home

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Many pictures of one room. This is supposed to be a bedroom. I use it as a second living room. I wanted a different look here, more cozy maybe? The fireplace is covering the built in closet, I detached the closet doors.

I really like the fireplace. It is only 4 LI, but I edited it so it is 5. (with decorations and wood) This is because the original flames is so ugly (in my opinion), so I edit off the flames from another fireplace, so I can replace the original flame. The room divider is 1 LI and is a 1 §L freebie. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PrimPossible-1-Prim-FREEBIE-FAT-PACK/3146348

It does not matter much that it's no copy, I bought two packs. And it is modify items, so I can fit the room divider between the floors. It is not possible to unlink or move the decor, it is linked mesh objects so I can't unlink or move just one decor. Still, well worth it. (The MP ad says no mod, but I can mod it)

aroom_007.jpg

Love the idea of hiding the closet with the fireplace.

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It is not so easy to decorate the windows since they go all the way down to the floor, but I use the glass table from Fancy Decor so I can add lamps and small things. Blinds from Dutchie.aroom_011.jpg.07680c8eb6bfde87147bbaba78fe0310.jpg

The kitchen/dining area is almost only windows and also this modern staircase. I haven't found out how to add some furniture here, but the modern lamps from Tartessos Arts and the room divider from Primpossible does the job. The room divider look nice on both sides, with small decor stuff.aroom_012.jpg.c18c61efb8ef3ff9ea623c3da572e8f9.jpg

And finally, the Forest Dining set from Bazar got some black and gold plate mats instead of the original ones.aroom_013.jpg.263ab42d60ea0bfd21e5618c0c48e33b.jpg

In front of my windows I usually have plants, baskets, ground pics against the wall....

5 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

There's also a corner version available for L$1 https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ALL-FREEBIES-DEMO-EVERYTHING-MESH-FISH-TANK-Aquarium/11097606 just noticed the box room divider i've been after for what feels like forever is now included in that pack got would have been perfect in my old place haven't really got the room to have it rezzed in my current home

Oh, great! These are very nice, much better to look at inworld. It is maybe possible to put in a plant or two more? ;)

Yesterday, I was in their manistore where the boxy divider is rezzed, and I was looking for where to buy it. I could not see any info that this is a freebie. I have wanted that one for so long too! The empty shelves makes it better to customize, with books and decorations.

The other freebie box I found because there is a sign on the wall next to other freebies. I thought PrimPossible had only 1 Box on the MP.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.