The Home and Garden thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

53 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Go an octopus liking currently huh?   Anyway - I like the wine cabinets.  Where might I find those?

We<3RP

Always have a thing for tentacles, usually can't share it in public though =~.^=

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Prisqua Newall said:

Started to take pics of my house today as I'm giving it up to rez two rentals in its place. I love that house, and can't wait to rez it again in the near future.

Hah, I have that house too! Still haven't decorated all the rooms. ;)

Do you mind telling who sell the cliffs? I have many other cliff packs, but these look nicer.

On 7/9/2018 at 2:35 AM, Marianne Little said:

Hah, I have that house too! Still haven't decorated all the rooms. ;)

Do you mind telling who sell the cliffs? I have many other cliff packs, but these look nicer.

I love that house. I have plenty others but nothing else compares to that one. NOt sure how I'm going to survive without it, even if it's only for a few months.

The cliffs were made up with rocks from Fanatik. I use them all around the sim and find them much better than the Skye ones.

On 6/5/2018 at 7:27 PM, Marianne Little said:

Posting the living room in my latest house. Totally not finished. I think the other windows need curtains too. I keep up an antique painting just to break up the modern style.

Unedited photos.

I am not fond of full bright, but I think I can use it for an aquarium. I used it on the wicker base for the aquarium too, because it was really, really dark. It does not scream full bright in the night either.

modern_001.png

modern_002.png

ha I recognise the house.... I love the fireplace there. I have my TV there...

On 10.7.2018 at 1:18 PM, Prisqua Newall said:

I love that house. I have plenty others but nothing else compares to that one. NOt sure how I'm going to survive without it, even if it's only for a few months.

The cliffs were made up with rocks from Fanatik. I use them all around the sim and find them much better than the Skye ones.

Now I'm curious. What house is it/where is it from?

On 19/06/2018 at 1:49 AM, Claireschen Hesten said:

Took the plunge and went for the no pool version of this Roost home managed to squeeze in all my furniture and what not and gain around 25 prims

5b284c28a8e61_Myabode4_002copy.png.192748d08c1f15469b1b690b8ab6b3d8.png

Bit of redecorating swapped out my old kitchen for after a lot of browsing the "Palm View" set from Roost some of the bits are technically 0.5Li so linking all the wall pieces as one object shaved off some total Li, as the stool in the set is 2Li i decided to keep with my old ones that are 1Li each

5b4e8547e05ee_myabode5_001.thumb.png.14c1382da271624df59bbf26e889a48c.png

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Bit of redecorating swapped out my old kitchen for after a lot of browsing the "Palm View" set from Roost some of the bits are technically 0.5Li so linking all the wall pieces as one object shaved off some total Li, as the stool in the set is 2Li i decided to keep with my old ones that are 1Li each

5b4e8547e05ee_myabode5_001.thumb.png.14c1382da271624df59bbf26e889a48c.png

I love the ROOST kitchen. I was using a MudHoney kitchen until I finally decided to get the ROOST one, which made sense since I have the Palm View, and don't need poses. 

14 hours ago, Prisqua Newall said:

I love the ROOST kitchen. I was using a MudHoney kitchen until I finally decided to get the ROOST one, which made sense since I have the Palm View, and don't need poses. 

Really liked that it's low Li (16 minus the clutter) and modular far too many were more prims than i have available or wouldn't fit in the space 

Edited by Claireschen Hesten
  • Like 2

Starting to be a Roost thread :)

I am still not done with the interiors. I have done so many other things when I've been inworld. So sharing just one picture of outdoor furniture.

One can get a nice piece of land on Mainland, selecting draw distance to hide some neighbors and then a bit of derender.

roost_002.jpg

roost_012.jpg

roost_014.jpg

roost_006.jpg

roost_003.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Starting to be a Roost thread :)

I am still not done with the interiors. I have done so many other things when I've been inworld. So sharing just one picture of outdoor furniture.

One can get a nice piece of land on Mainland, selecting draw distance to hide some neighbors and then a bit of derender.

roost_002.jpg

roost_012.jpg

roost_014.jpg

roost_006.jpg

roost_003.jpg

Absolutely love what you did with it. This house is the best. Yeah maybe I should find a nice mainland lot. I think that's going to be my goal now. How many prims do you have on that lot?

47 minutes ago, Prisqua Newall said:

Absolutely love what you did with it. This house is the best. Yeah maybe I should find a nice mainland lot. I think that's going to be my goal now. How many prims do you have on that lot?

It's a 4096 with 1406 prims. I have 483 left. But remember, the house is almost empty. I think I will hang curtains for at least 2 rooms downstairs and leave them empty. I want to fill the space, so it's better to have some really nice decorated rooms than spread a few pieces in all rooms. I don't need so many bedrooms.

43 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

WOW...street and water acess in one parcel. That must have cost you a fortune.

Let's not talk about it ;)

But I was lucky and sold my other land. I simply don't bother to buy anything unless it has water acess. It is easier to sell.

Renting a 4096 isn't free either. I rented in Fruit Islands a while, and I love the themed community. But it cost me a lot, and rent is money I don't get back.

I was inworld a lot today, and actually managed to set up the kitchen, dining table, and one terrace is almost as I want it.

I also did what I said over here, I closed off 2 bedrooms. I put a texture privacy glass directly on the windows and sliding doors in the north, it is only a couple meters to the privacy wall so I will never do more than walk by.

On the other side at the tennis court, I did the same, but made the glass semitransparent and hung curtains, so I the empty rooms isn't visible.

roost_020.jpg.ac6a7ebf1c91898b2d0b7907a0eaa3af.jpg

roost_018.jpg

roost_017.jpg

roost_016.jpg

I wish this umbrella wasn't 22 LI, grmpf.

roost_015.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I was inworld a lot today, and actually managed to set up the kitchen, dining table, and one terrace is almost as I want it.

I also did what I said over here, I closed off 2 bedrooms. I put a texture privacy glass directly on the windows and sliding doors in the north, it is only a couple meters to the privacy wall so I will never do more than walk by.

On the other side at the tennis court, I did the same, but made the glass semitransparent and hung curtains, so I the empty rooms isn't visible.

roost_020.jpg.ac6a7ebf1c91898b2d0b7907a0eaa3af.jpg

That's an awesome idea. I wouldn't have thought of that. And yes it sucks with umbrellas. They are usually high in prims anyway, but that one is particularly high.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.