The Home and Garden thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For a long time I used to want a "Shareta Osumai" Linden Home for the next time I went premium, with the new tier I choose mainland instead and went for a Japanese theme for the ground, so far this is how is going: 

Snap1.thumb.jpg.879ff0cb0de0885ad623b3fd01cb02f3.jpg

Also I wanted a skybox for a changing room, but I ended with this: 

Snap2.thumb.jpg.1296358e1ace35a450b5a83e601e4968.jpg

And this is the actual changing area:

Snap3.thumb.jpg.a5c44e2e25d26f4a42cdc697d59263c2.jpg

• Like 8

Hello there lovelies ^_^

If it hasn't been mentioned, I just stumbled upon Inverse's Anniversary sale, all their houses are 99L, now's a good time as ever to go shopping<3

That said, I do have another question! I've finished up my ground level home & my store and was surprised to have 760 prims left available. I'd keep 60 for safe-keeping but whoa, 700 prims! Time for a skybox. I've spent the past couple days looking through the MP on and off when I realized you folks no doubt know of a few good ones I won't have come across yet!

I am preferably looking for a fully landscaped skybox. I'd like something with vibrant colors, spring, fantasy, summer, beach, woods~ Along those lines! A house with it is not a must! I'm looking for super high quality and realistic textures, it doesn't matter if it's prim or mesh as long as it looks really nice ♥

I do like what FelixvonKotwitz Alter makes, as well as Garden of Dreams. If I can't find any other alternatives I'll go for them!

I know I know buying bits and pieces and putting things together will be much more awesome but after spending the past two weeks on nothing but landscaping/decorating I feel a little burned out, yet want a place to chill in that isn't my beloved snow, diversity is a must with me<3 I'll probably build the skybox of my dreams up from the ground in a couple weeks or further down the line but for now I'd like instant gratification xD

Edit: My bad, some of their houses are 99L! I hadn't checked the other pages yet!

Edited by Syn Anatine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

If it hasn't been mentioned, I just stumbled upon Inverse's Anniversary sale, all their houses are 99L, now's a good time as ever to go shopping<3

I must not look at the marketplace, I must not look at the marketplace, I must not look at the marketplace, I must not look at the marketplace, I must not look at the marketplace, I must not look at the marketplace...

• Haha 5

I changed to a new kitchen!

This is from Schultz Bros. It is a gacha - damned gachas! But I got almost all parts and traded in for copy/no transfer parts.

If anyone else has fallen for this.... I miss the refrigerator. The ones pictured is not from this kitchen gacha, it is from another kitchen. I can offer you the stove or the cabinets with the sink or almost any other part from the kitchen, if you get two refrigerators.

It is a VERY clever made set. The stove is 1 LI and the sink with all the cabinets and cupboards as shown in the #3 picture is 2 LI.5acd368cdb6b6_schulzbros_001.thumb.jpg.8faf3c5bad89357bcca61ce19cb45c9f.jpg5acd36aa2e8ba_schulzbros_002.thumb.jpg.62d6df0021e679d31d9ea54fc11f6fbb.jpg5acd36e7c5cf6_schulzbros_003.jpg.a3285a68a3e574c8f39822c3e44b18f4.jpg

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I love when creators offer this option.

Yep! He has a terminal in the store, where you can dump the parts on and the magic happens - the no copy item poofs and you get a copy/transfer. (Rez your UNOPENED gacha boxes on the terminal, a Copy / Mod version will be automatically delivered to you.)

I didn't read the notecard until I had packed up some of the things. This exchange station only works for the original unopened gacha boxes. But the store has a manual exchange box you can buy for free and pack the opened items in, and give it to the creator so he exchanges them manually. Great!

• Like 2

I am counting on my fingers, should I buy a new house? I have 270 LI to use, and a new house is the same LI as the old one, but more rooms. A full dining room and two bedrooms.

Or I could have a skybox, but not sure what to have there. The benefit of a skybox is that I can just delete everything and don't have to do any changes to the landscape on the ground. Maybe I should have a tropical one, since my ground parcels has the temperate zone-look.

Anyone want to recommend a skybox - I am open for suggestions.

51 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Somebody must give those linden homes some love. They are better than their reputation...

They actually are! I've lived in one for a while when I first went premium back in the day, I do love the community theme and the rules to keep everything looking nicely.

I've even come across some products on the MP for the high ceiling houses that basically add another floor to the house, that's some hella smart thinking and really nicely executed.

Sadly I didn't make any pictures of my old home but I had one of those fantasy houses with a porch and I managed to get a plot on the edge so had a nice view of the ocean. I'm hoping they will add 1024 options some day and new themes :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

I've even come across some products on the MP for the high ceiling houses that basically add another floor to the house, that's some hella smart thinking and really nicely executed.

The Meadowbrooks houses just cry out for this... it can easily done with just a few tortured prims (maybe 10-20LI).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

The Meadowbrooks houses just cry out for this... it can easily done with just a few tortured prims (maybe 10-20LI).

The Tahoe, too! Just did a quick search and stumbled across an expansion that turns a 1 story Tahoe home in a 3 Story home!

With some creativety the possibilities are endless and now I actually want a Linden Home to fiddle around with them xD Too bad I only have around 230sqm left before I'd get bumped into a higher tier ¬¬

• Like 1

I couldn't find the perfect skybox in the end so decided to just use bits and pieces on my own. Severe work in progress but...I think it's coming along nicely.
Not going to be placing down another house in the middle since I got mine on the ground. I am undecided yet though what it'll be. Maybe a cafe, maybe some game tables, or maybe just some seating and a bunch of animals xD

It looks pretty small but it's actually a 64x64 platform, the angle makes it look pretty tiny though xD

sb0j8rt.png

• Like 6

On 4/10/2018 at 11:30 PM, Syn Anatine said:

Hello there lovelies ^_^

That said, I do have another question! I've finished up my ground level home & my store and was surprised to have 760 prims left available. I'd keep 60 for safe-keeping but whoa, 700 prims! Time for a skybox. I've spent the past couple days looking through the MP on and off when I realized you folks no doubt know of a few good ones I won't have come across yet!

I am preferably looking for a fully landscaped skybox. I'd like something with vibrant colors, spring, fantasy, summer, beach, woods~ Along those lines! A house with it is not a must! I'm looking for super high quality and realistic textures, it doesn't matter if it's prim or mesh as long as it looks really nice ♥

I do like what FelixvonKotwitz Alter makes, as well as Garden of Dreams. If I can't find any other alternatives I'll go for them!

I know I know buying bits and pieces and putting things together will be much more awesome but after spending the past two weeks on nothing but landscaping/decorating I feel a little burned out, yet want a place to chill in that isn't my beloved snow, diversity is a must with me<3 I'll probably build the skybox of my dreams up from the ground in a couple weeks or further down the line but for now I'd like instant gratification xD

Edit: My bad, some of their houses are 99L! I hadn't checked the other pages yet!

They should have put some of their really older ones on sale, one I wanted is still at full price despite being quite outdated looks wise and with some tacky bits.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.