The Home and Garden thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Once the Christmas decorations were down, I had a few prims to play with so I switched up my reading corner from the old fashioned desk and straight back chair to a cool chair I picked up on FLF and a glowy plant from the MP and a little prim side table I threw together. Then the crazy cat lady in me spotted another kitty treasure while strolling thru the MP that matched my lounger.

Snapshot_1254.png

Snapshot_1257.png

• Like 14

I don't know how those amazing furniture and decor bloggers do what they do. Those kinds of set-ups always leave me drained. This one especially so cause my alt had some of the items and I kept forgetting to set them where anyone can move them. So I had the shot lined up with one alt and was logging in and out Clover and the other alt LOL.

Her Boudoir

Almost all of the furniture is from Oubliette's gacha currently at GachaLand. I named creators but not specific items for the other stuff on my blog, but if you want to know about something just ask! The animals are Jian and MishMish. It took 15 tries between getting the windlight and the animals to cooperate. 

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...

I made some changes in my summer house. 2nd floor room was changed and new balcony made next to it.
The house is made totally with convex hull prims only. Those work well with this kind kind of "box" house and it's very easy and quick to change how it looks. The furniture is mostly very low LI mesh. The parcel is only 512 m² with 157 LI capacity. The house footprint is also 512 m². Surprisingly much can be made in small parcel when carefully selecting very low LI items.

View towards west in 2nd floor room. In front of the window stairs go downstairs, on the right stairs go upstairs to swimming pool area.
2018-01-19_Kaolin-1.thumb.jpg.bf8e4e584d9ccad4e016abaf0f4acdeb.jpg

Outside view towards east.
2018-01-19_Kaolin-2.thumb.jpg.1ff853dcd811a33528195cf486d6859a.jpg

• Like 12

Not a home, but me texturing and editing a build from Anna Er0tica.

I was thinking, if I edit and sell some pictures in SL, I need a store. I have already paid a year membership for 2 avatars so why not use the land. I didn't like the store "as is" but that's not a problem as long as the build is cheap, low LI and mod.

My avatar is tiny and between 2 builds. The smallest is really big enough.

store_001.png

For some reason, inside walls and floors were set to alpha masking, even if there were no reason.

Original inside, first attempt, last one. I like the simpler walls since the ones with openings were too "busy" for me.

321291570_storecollage.thumb.jpg.f765a730de0b53f053f3916e97c882a3.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Not a home, but me texturing and editing a build from Anna Er0tica.

I was thinking, if I edit and sell some pictures in SL, I need a store. I have already paid a year membership for 2 avatars so why not use the land. I didn't like the store "as is" but that's not a problem as long as the build is cheap, low LI and mod.

I like playing around with Anna's builds.. they are affordable and easy enough to modify. Sadly some mesh parts of teh really big skyscrapers collapse from afar. So you more or less must tinker with them

18 minutes ago, Prisqua Newall said:

This is a brilliant idea. I love it. Where is the island from? I might do that instead of a plain skybox.

Yeah, this is above our land. We wanted a few places to hang that had a little more fps. It's called  TDE ~ Floating island w/cave. The Domineaux Effect. 

• Like 1

We recently moved to a Lord of the Rings Elven RP sim focused on the first 7 Chapters of the Silmarillion, so I've been getting our Elven manor decorated. Since we're high status elves with wealth and respect I've gone for a very high quality finish.

Me standing out front.  I added curtains to the house to give it a more homely feel. 

04632d1d4cbbb59f3ece8acc9f2a0104.jpg

ac7f2e19e14d8a8edb4e065720bd90dc.jpg

The Recieving / dining room 

8ea7dcda4f9ca66f2f56af8714d3c275.jpg

Looking into the kitchen and the sitting room beyond. 

40e946aaa2107fc1913d136d55f7335f.jpg

Looking the opposite way with a view onto the stairs and into the sleeping quarters. 

d57ca447bcd809b238edd9cadd90e144.jpg

The sitting room. 

1b010247fb4f1e6a9498512b86f97990.jpg

And finally the bedroom. 

81acceaa9bad2406ebdf535e7dac51b0.jpg

• Like 15

18 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

this pic is just SICK!!!! I love it! can I take a nap in that bed?^^

Thank you and yes but...

8 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I started this thread, but haven't posted in it in a long time,  partly because my place right now is just a room  in a motel, but i like my little room. 

My rooms aren't even permanent. =~.^=

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.