The Home and Garden thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 4 weeks later...

I was digging in my inventory and found the very first home I purchased in SL! I loved this house! The memories in this one are from a time when everything was new and exciting!! You had to go outside and upstairs to get to the bedroom, lol.:)

image.thumb.png.549b9a0ede237e1b9e7f8c54391c443e.pngimage.thumb.png.a77f277bc0b06334a1d9437141bb1166.png

• Like 11

Since I got my my dream parcel extended from an ickle little 1024m² to a whopping 5632m² I've spent the past few days finding the perfect house and furnishing the place. I am still so very far from done @.@ but dayum I am loving it so much already!

WP6HD3k.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

My home rests on a rented sky platform. I chose an urban loft skybox because it was the same one that I used to rent and I really did like the openness of the rooms. But the outside was just a plain grey color with a logo on it, so I retextured the outside to look like a brick building and decorated my terrace as seen here.

I only have an allotment of 350 prims so I've tried to stick to low prim options that I still find appealing.

The interior is a combination of things I've made and things I've purchased. My most recent addition is this Steampunk style wall clock. Next is a view of the living room ahead looking on the occult corner.

Turning left you will see an overview of the kitchen/dining area and the upper floor.

The bedroom, lounging area and bathroom is upstairs.

If anyone is interested in seeing more detailed close up pictures, I have several more images in an album on my Flickr account. Just click my sig to get there and go to albums.

And if Bree is still lurking about, I only have cheese, rolls and booze in my place, sorry ;)

Snapshot_153.png

Snapshot_155.png

Snapshot_229.png

Snapshot_113.png

Snapshot_134.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Posting the living room in my latest house. Totally not finished. I think the other windows need curtains too. I keep up an antique painting just to break up the modern style.

Unedited photos.

I am not fond of full bright, but I think I can use it for an aquarium. I used it on the wicker base for the aquarium too, because it was really, really dark. It does not scream full bright in the night either.

modern_001.png

modern_002.png

• Like 16

And I brag about my editing, just because I can. ;)

This is the aquarium before and after. I like the seller Anna Er0tica (replace 0 with o because of PG filter) because she has so cheap and low LI things.

This is one LI when rezzed, fully animated with air bubbles and swimming fish. And only 30 L. I am not a fan of her textures, but who cares when it is mod. All her furniture is made for giants, but again, who cares as long as it is mod... Better than the other way around.

It can not be unlinked, but I can select faces and make them 100% transparent. Then I placed the wicker chest under.

The LI is up to 3 now, but I think it is worth it for the custom look.

modern_003.png

• Like 6

Ooh, this thread is right up my alley! Currently renting an apartment with a friend, and we decided to go for a sort-of modern/industrial look. We would have done much more with it, but with a small space we only have so many prims to work with. I skipped taking a pic of the bathroom because that's boring. One of our favorite parts about the apartment is that we managed to make a nice-looking queen bunkbed with 2 beds, 2 pipes, and a ladder. I think it sort of becomes a focal point of the living/bedroom and everything kind of falls nicely into place around it. aptforum1.png.a501ec1653af654d138aac77b6b5d856.pngaptforum3.png.d8aac4254a1f950a003758e6a17d6c71.pngaptforum2.png.15c5e84806a228f7e07854e20bd4b19c.png

• Like 10

I was living for a while in a cheap (meaning free!) motel room/trailer without much space to decorate, let alone move around. Recently I upgraded to a skybox floating 3000  meters above a friend's sim and so I finally feel like I have my own place and have been doing some decorating. It's a warehouse skybox perfect for turning into a loft apartment. Here's the living room:

home-02.thumb.jpg.0324635d70caf0e1448bbbb36b03d0c9.jpg

And the kitchenette/dining area:

home-01.thumb.jpg.8b338ef70fad9d6c2ceb17aec07ecbbf.jpg

Edited by Sagadin
  • Like 10

I was recently at an event shopping for clothes when my eyes zeroed in on this tiny model of a tiki hut. I usually like walking through a house before I buy it but with this one I knew, I just had to have it. I demolished everything in our newly renovated parcel and set it up to accommodate this one small hut. The end result is this. Water, water, water everywhere! lol. It's not my first watery home, but this time there's even more water to play in. I love it! It's still a work in progress but here's what I've done so far.

Home.thumb.jpg.1548e8fa581823e9ae4253c70dd78499.jpg5b3ce2d3bacdc_Bedroom2.thumb.jpg.2d01e50b70b0d6aa3e22140b9383fe36.jpg5b3ce2e2ac9e8_Bedroom1.thumb.jpg.ded9721fa2fb5389a31002eb3765d490.jpgBathroom.thumb.jpg.9d58da2f3eed1e97c4582bf728c6feb2.jpg5b3ce2fa0994d_Home2.thumb.jpg.1413d029fb32d4dc9e0374a07ed879cc.jpg

• Like 14

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.