The Home and Garden thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So there is a vanity thread to show off your avatar, I thought it would be nice to have a thread to show off your personal space, your SL home, or store or any place that you have created in SL. I will start off with my kitchen. This room was a bathroom when I bought the house.

kitchen_001.png

• Like 12

I recently was inspired to do something different on a little narrow lot I have in Bay City.  Put a tiny house (9 x 18 or so, I think) on it, and thought of it as being a 20's or 30's era house, just barely renovated/updated, and furnished in a boho, flea market type style.  It still looks a little bare to me, but I haven't been working on it for too long.  

I like little things that tie back to RL - I especially love the crate shelf by the front door, because I have a shelf just like that at the end of my RL hall way, that I've had since I was in my late teens.  The dresser in front of the window in the bedroom picture is textured on the front by a picture of my RL dresser, which was handed down to me from my grandmother. 

bay city living room_001.png

bay city living room_003.png

bay city living room_004.png

bay city bedroom_001.png

bay city kitchen_001.png

• Like 17

I recently moved into the Elven Treehouse style Linden Home.  I had always skipped this design in the past, because I was never quite sure what to do with it, but I decided to take up the challenge this time.  As it's inside a tree trunk, I went for an outside/inside rustic look, and I'm very satisfied with the way that it came out.

20140413 maiadell_001.png

20140413 maiadell_002.png

20140413 maiadell_003.png

20140413 maiadell_004.png

20140413 maiadell_005.png

20140413 maiadell_011.png

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I love visiting people's houses! When they're not around. Pamela the food in your kitchen looks great. Are they scripted to hand out samples? People really need to put out food.

Pamela's kitchens always leave me hungry after seeing them.  They are so beautiful.  I'm trying to figure out how to buy one of her kitchens and rez it in my RL house :P 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I love visiting people's houses! When they're not around. Pamela the food in your kitchen looks great. Are they scripted to hand out samples? People really need to put out food.

Thank you :-) Yes, they hand out samples that go (mostly) directly to your hand on touch, as per the wonderful scripts Rolig has made just for my kitchens. 

• Like 4

My new tree house!

This is the new Premium members gift.  I had to res one to check it out.

Snapshot_047.thumb.jpg.624917bd0ec3f067f21f54b67fe40223.jpg

Snapshot_048.thumb.jpg.efa09eb51ecaf0b5fca717048ed3fb8e.jpg

It's a cozy place with working fireplace.  The other side of the room has a small table and another chair.

So if anyone is on the fence, get 3 months of Premium at half price, 300L$ per week and 1000L$ bonus after 45 days plus the nice little tree house.  That's 4900L$ total plus the tree house for US$11.25 which is roughly 2750L$.  So yeah, 2000 free lindens and a tree house to pay for Premium over just out right buying lindens.

Do I sound like I'm advertising?

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Nice - I grabbed it quickly yesterday, but hadn't had a chance to rez it yet.  How many prims?

I rezzed one too, but won't be using it. It's about 105 prims for the basic version and 137 for the deluxe version.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I had a ham in the fridge that seems to have gone missing along with a really nice bottle of wine, ...............

• Like 5

10 hours ago, moirakathleen Resident said:

Pamela's kitchens always leave me hungry after seeing them.  They are so beautiful.  I'm trying to figure out how to buy one of her kitchens and rez it in my RL house :P 

I buy a LOT of stuff from her store, never disappoints! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

My new tree house!

This is the new Premium members gift.  I had to res one to check it out.

Snapshot_047.thumb.jpg.624917bd0ec3f067f21f54b67fe40223.jpg

Snapshot_048.thumb.jpg.efa09eb51ecaf0b5fca717048ed3fb8e.jpg

It's a cozy place with working fireplace.  The other side of the room has a small table and another chair.

So if anyone is on the fence, get 3 months of Premium at half price, 300L$ per week and 1000L$ bonus after 45 days plus the nice little tree house.  That's 4900L$ total plus the tree house for US$11.25 which is roughly 2750L$.  So yeah, 2000 free lindens and a tree house to pay for Premium over just out right buying lindens.

Do I sound like I'm advertising?

One of the stores that sell homes has a multi level tree house that I have been coveting. There are only 2 issues with it, it's reeeeally tall (neighbors may take issue with its height) and, it's L$8,000. I pop in and walk through it every few days, lol! I know I'll eventually break and buy the thing, I keep hoping they'll put it on sale!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Caitlin Tobias said:

Still waiting for the builders to finish it...

DIY2.jpg

That house (the built part) is very nice.  I have one of those and was using it until a few weeks ago.  I kinda collect houses, so I end up changing which one I'm using periodically. 

By the way, loved what you did with the building forms next to the house. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

This is the one I want, the inside is extremely roomy, and the texture menu is pretty extensive. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LAQ-Decor-Serene-Tree-Windmill-Home/6876323

I was thinking that was the one you were referring to.  I like that one too, and also walk through it periodically. Besides the height (and the cost), it also needs a pretty big parcel size.  I was out exploring around a week or so ago, and actually saw one.  I can't remember where that was though.  It didn't look as out of place as one might think.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.