Sign in to follow this  
LK69

How to recover very old account

Question

I created an account in 2006/2007 but I logged in a few times. The SL was very difficult, my computer did not help and I ended up losing interest. Now I wanted to recover this account, however the account name does not exist. I believe I did not cancel it, but it does not appear in the search. Anyone know if it could have been LL to cancel because I did not use it?

5 answers to this question

If you were a basic member, your account should have survived. If you were a premium member, and failed to stay current with your payments, the account would have been deactivated. That said, 11 years is a long time ago and I'd not be surprised if the account is gone, or perhaps you misremembered the name. You can open a support case here...

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Select "Account Issue" from the first drop down and "Reactivate and old account" from the second. Fill in the rest of the requested information. If the account still exists, LL will contact you, asking for proof that you owned the original account. There is a US$9.95 fee for doing this.

Good luck!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

If you were a basic member, your account should have survived. If you were a premium member, and failed to stay current with your payments, the account would have been deactivated. That said, 11 years is a long time ago and I'd not be surprised if the account is gone, or perhaps you misremembered the name. You can open a support case here...

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Select "Account Issue" from the first drop down and "Reactivate and old account" from the second. Fill in the rest of the requested information. If the account still exists, LL will contact you, asking for proof that you owned the original account. There is a US$9.95 fee for doing this.

Good luck!

The account was basic, but the name does not exist ... but this is very strange. I already opened a ticket, I'll wait for an answer. Thanks for comment.

7 hours ago, LK69 said:

I already opened a ticket

if you did that, a thread as this won't bring any more info as what you did write yourself

7 hours ago, LK69 said:

I'll wait for an answer.

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if you did that, a thread as this won't bring any more info as what you did write yourself

Yes. I created the post to see if anyone has a similar case.