I decided to write this here, because it has to do with the issue of relationships and the lifestyle... I think of each of us:

The only places where humanity does not face itself, are outer space and online games. There we are all the same regardless of nationality, race, sex, or social condition that divides us. A dream come true which unfortunately we do not have in our common life.

(My own thought; mediavatar).

Edited by mediavatar Resident
  • Like 1

I think we carry at least some of those ideas with us wherever we go, even when we nominally set them aside for a different virtual identity.

I think we are all truly the same regardless, no matter how others treat us or how we see ourselves.

• Like 1

You're right, Bitsy. One of my own point is what do you say.

Another, it is a reality that even if it is virtual, even after 7,000,000 years of history we can not achieve as humanity.

15 hours ago, mediavatar Resident said:

There we are all the same regardless of nationality, race, sex, or social condition that divides us.

i don't agree, we are not.

As human beings we have the same value and should have the same chances in life ... but we are absolutely not the same .. not rl and not in sl

• Like 1

Sorry for my lack of precision in my words, Bitsy. Sometimes the language makes me some trickery trying to express myself well, but forget it since you got the idea from the beginning.

Your point of view is considerable too, Alwin, no person is the same as the other, since in our feelings I have life history we are forming in a different way each person. And I absolutely agree with you on this. However, still for some reason I maintain what I say, since I believe that in our inteiror, wanting to unite us, excites us more than wanting to divide us.

• Like 1

We can be whatever we want to be here it is true, But we still face prejudices from others according to what we choose to be. I recently told someone that my look was racially ambiguous  and some people thought I was black, something I have no problem with at all, but they felt the need to assure me it wasn't so, as if being taken as a black woman was a bad thing.

• Like 1

Depends on what you look at, Alwin. At the heart of it, aren't we all mixed-up confused beings trying to get by and find a bit of safety or contentment however we can?

We have different ways of going about it, different circumstances and different definitions of what it all means. When you strip that away though, there are a lot of underlying similiarities. That's how I see it. Do you think that I am so different from you?

• Like 2

I think, Talligurl, that may be because in many occasions we prefer to look at our own point of view to find results according to what we can already accept mentally as "already known by me", sometimes closing the possibility to changes of vision or perspective, since we are It is easier to accept the known, than what we have not yet known.

Your point of view of things, is quite close to my own thinking, Bitsy. Although the past marks us all as different people, depending on what each of us have spent in our lives; Finally it is useless to deny ourselves in our similarities, rooting the human being more to the side of the union between us, than in hurting us. Unfortunately, that kind of position, we have only achieved so far in outer space and online games.

I love the sentiment of the Original Post; unfortunately there are many who would take that lovely concept and try to drag it back into the mud.

All avatars start out equal, but there are still way too many people who *insist* on knowing whats behind the avatar as a pre-condition to friendship.

Still for many of us, SL is a great opportunity to meet and interact across the boundaries of race, gender, age, Identity and other factors in ways we never could IRL.

I love it that my "leveled-up in years" self can mingle with much younger people and exchange both *bad* humor and ideas without the stigma that both sides usually assign to the other because of the numbers on a calendar. Some of my best conversations in SL have been with people who entirely missed the Elvis Era, and thats been amazing.

So I love your post; lets keep trying to make it fully real :-)

• Like 1

Among all the lines I have read so far, yours Suzanne, are the closest to my original thought. How good it would be if this did not tarnish and become a fact in RL, right?

11 hours ago, Suzanne Weir said:

missed the Elvis Era, and thats been amazing.

You mean it really is over? Could you call my parents and let them know, they don't listen to me.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mediavatar Resident said:

Your point of view of things, is quite close to my own thinking, Bitsy. Although the past marks us all as different people, depending on what each of us have spent in our lives; Finally it is useless to deny ourselves in our similarities, rooting the human being more to the side of the union between us, than in hurting us. Unfortunately, that kind of position, we have only achieved so far in outer space and online games.

Yes, we agree on much, media.

What you say about achieving it only in outer space and online games doesn't fit with my own experience though. For all that parts of the world are going through a divisive, polarised time my experience has been that, in face to face interactions, when I accept someone as they are, they tend to accept me. Occasionally it can take a bit of time, but not that much. This has been true for me with regards to race, ethnicity, gender, age, and pretty much everything else.

Location plays a factor, of course. In some places I've lived acceptance has been the norm. Others, not so much. And a couple were quite divided. But even there, it was always possible to make those sorts of connections. Body language, eye contact and a smile can go a long way. Maybe my time in accepting places helped me learn how to reach out in places which aren't.

Online though, I've found it much harder and often impossible to break through others' preconceptions if they've slotted me into to their strongly held biases. It's like I don't exist for them as an independent person, just a target for their frustrations, anger and preconceptions.

These are my experiences. I respect that other people have different ones.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Suzanne Weir said:

unfortunately there are many who would take that lovely concept and try to drag it back into the mud.

seen only different thoughts here, nobody drags it in the mud

19 hours ago, Suzanne Weir said:

Ithere are still way too many people who *insist* on knowing whats behind the avatar as a pre-condition to friendship.

this is a larger problem these days than it ever was before.. instead of " hi how are you" mostly you get "hi, where you from, and age? " .. or even more recently "hi, nice look, come have sex"... by a noob...( = 99%of the time alts for  f*** around without the partner knowing)

• Like 1

Talligurl, please do not miss, your opinions can be valid if you return to the focus of the conversation. It seems to me that you are letting other types of feelings begin to take the reins and separate you from the original meaning of this subject. Please make sense again and keep talking.

Bitsy, thanks for telling me about what you've had in your life experiences and in online games, it's gratifying to meet them and know that you're from people who care about others. But my thinking applies to humanity, in places where their feeling of union is stronger than those of destruction, as in outer space, where by a same standard among the astronauts themselves regardless of the nation, they decided already Several years not to fight, but to unite for a common goal with humanity; And yes, I also agree with you that within them there are people who want to use others to achieve their goals, but when that type of proposal is not accepted, there is no conflict, they just leave you or they go away. Even in online games based on war and fights, you still seek companionship of other avatars to achieve common goals, and no matter if it is a person in some conflict country to the other, you end up forming a friendship with her. In truth, I admire your social position with other people about helping or present you at least to be able to help, and I respect that much about you, but I think that is not the point of this issue.

Alwin... is true, today more than before you first get an age, sex? or the f*** around you, rather than saying, "Hello everyone! How are you? I hope that very well" or saying goodbye "I wish you the best! Greetings, I'll see you again, have them an excellent time!", or when it happens to or happens to someone, instead of "F word" just ask or say "Sorry, sorry, can I help you? What do you need? " -- Accept that one has been guilty of something that has frustrated another person, or when you put a group in trouble, is much more valuable and brings you closer to friendship, than to withdraw without comment, or comment with aggression --. I hope (and on a personal level) that we continue our good times to spend some fun time with other people, and not use online games to download personal anger, if I want to do that, I better put an individual game, where my anger do not affect others.

Anyway, Please, we continue to maintain the focus of this theme, without falling into personal objectives. Thank you for all your comments!, I wish you will very good, all of yours, ever!.

4 hours ago, mediavatar Resident said:

Talligurl, please do not miss, your opinions can be valid if you return to the focus of the conversation. It seems to me that you are letting other types of feelings begin to take the reins and separate you from the original meaning of this subject. Please make sense again and keep talking.

This is the internet, where you put stuff out there and see what reaction you get. Just accept the reactions you get don't try to control it.

• Like 1

Yes, Talligurl, that is the idea of the Internet, feel free to expose your thinks, when you enter a forum, you follow the idea of the forum (its thematic sense) and in each forum there is always someone who mediates the conversations so that they do not escape their thematic sense, both in the real forums as in the Internet.

What I want to achieve is that I do not try to silence your opinion or control it, just to avoid that the theme of this forum is directed towards another objective.

I accept your measure of control, I only ask you to return to the sense of the forum, because before I read in your writing a personal fight, and at least here, the idea is to make this conversation as general as possible, even if you put the views Personal, what is accepted in order to arrive at the thematic sense that is being written here.

I wholeheartedly wish you a good time and that you are always very good!

5 hours ago, mediavatar Resident said:

Even in online games based on war and fights, you still seek companionship of other avatars to achieve common goals, and no matter if it is a person in some conflict country to the other, you end up forming a friendship with her. In truth, I admire your social position with other people about helping or present you at least to be able to help, and I respect that much about you, but I think that is not the point of this issue.

I don't understand what you see as the point of this issue then.

Do you not make those sorts of cross-cultural frienships or alliances to achieve common goals in real life as well?

• Like 1

This is Bitsy, I do, that is why forming friendships is a crucial point in this thinking. Maybe I should apologize for not being able to express, are problems of language exchange, what is important is that if we are going to form a common goal is between the union of humanity.

• Like 1

Let's try this another way then.

Is this part of your thinking, media?

1) Some games are set up around cooperation between players.

2) Life doesn't have rules, so it's not set up around cooperation.

• Like 1

I really like your effort to stay focused on the real theme of this forum, you see that you are a person who wants to contribute, I am eternally grateful to you for that!, Bitsy.

Since you propose it to me in that way, I will tell you ... neither. So you can focus well, let me help you a little. The concentration of this conversation is not simply based on online games, but on the constant frustration of all humanity's attempts to find a place where to be united unconditionally and to do things together.

I did say 'part of your thinking'.

I don't understand why you say 'constant frustration'. Can you not find places in real life to be united with others and do things together?

• Like 1

Hello Bitsy! How are you? I wish you are really good and have an excellent time, ever!.

First of all, I want to apologize because in my lasts messages the tired for come to my home after my work without sleep and start to answer this post, was me wrote some errors what I can read it and I will try to correct.

You have right, Bitsy when you say "part of your thinking" because is exactly the frase that I have in my thought. But please don't think what I can't find places to be united whit other people... etc. My own though is more general, not individual.

Sorry for the confusion before (I need more rest ?).

• Like 1