Modifiable Avatar

Jeniokeke

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I am trying to find or design two avatars one male and one female that are completely modifiable across all features. I am new to the game and do not know how to do something like this. I am trying to do a research study for a class and I need two avatars that can be changed across all of the body shape measures and for the skin color to be able to be changed from light as pale white skin to dark as dark almost pure black skin. I want them to be able to be modified to look like people of all different races/ethnicities on the scales available from 0 to 100. If anyone already has avatars like this I can use, is willing to design one for me, or has done this before and can explain it to me, your help would be greatly appreciated. 

You already have one. It's the one you chose when you signed up.

You can create another account and choose one of the opposite sex. Then you'll have both.

Or you can click on the + sign at the bottom of your inventory and choose to create a new shape, which can be saved with a name of your choosing, and you'll be able to switch between the two, editing the shape of both of them.

You can have multiple shapes, and of any gender, with one account.

• Like 1

Editing your appearance will let you change the body shape to whatever you want - and as Phil mentioned, you can save all of the different edits so that you can go from one to another with just a click.  For the different skins, you'll actually have to get skins of various shades - or create your own.  Each skin will be a different inventory item that you can wear/apply with a click.

Under that + button, you'll see a list of new this and new that etc. It's how you make new avatar things. To make a new shape or a new skin, click Body parts at the bootom of the list, and choose which you want to make.

There is absolutely no substitute for hands-on doing it. Play with it. Allow the concept to be understood.

One point. Totally ignore all the threads and posts about mesh bodies, heads, hands, and feet. All that stuff uses a different system. What you need is simply to finish up with 2 avatars that are totally modifiable, and what LittleMe and I described is how to do it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeniokeke said:

Lol YW! I learned a lot too. Thanks so much for the help! I am going to check it out now see if I can get what I need. You have been an amazing help!

It isn't easy to find free stuff in Second Life for all ethnic possible combinations, male and female, It is going to be hard with the free avatars LL have. I don't know if you can spend some real money? it is more easy to recommend stores if you can buy Linden dollars for even a small amount of real cash. Budget?

Okay, I take that back.http://go.secondlife.com/landing/avatar/

The "classic" avatars is what you need, along with "new avatars". All these should be interchangable, With modifable bodies. LL has really made better avatars. You find them in Your Inventory - scroll down. Library.

Edited by Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.