Forum user name issue

doobie322

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When the Second Life community was migrated to the new servers, my account information to the forums somehow got corrupted. My username for Second Life has always been doobie322 Resident, however when the account was switched over it changed all my previous posts before migration to doobie3221488303192 Resident. Does anyone know of any way that I can get this issue fixed so that all my old posts show my proper username of doobie322 Resident instead of the wrong username? I have some older posts that i need to delete for business purposes and can not do so otherwise.

My current account.png

post migration change.png

1 minute ago, doobie322 Resident said:

I have some older posts that i need to delete for business purposes and can not do so otherwise.

Posts can no longer be deleted.  Additionally, there is a 24 hour time limit for editing.

I hope you can get your issue resolved.  However be aware that you won't be able to delete old posts in any case.

• Administrators

Tommy jumps in and strikes a super hero pose.

We are already aware of the issue with the account names, and are investigating! A few awesome Residents brought it to our attention. Thank you though for making sure I was aware of it, I appreciate it.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Tommy Linden said:

Tommy jumps in and strikes a super hero pose.

We are already aware of the issue with the account names, and are investigating! A few awesome Residents brought it to our attention. Thank you though for making sure I was aware of it, I appreciate it.

Thanks @Tommy Linden I will be grateful when this is resolved.. Much appreciated

Jira issues for the forum username bugs

Unfortunately both issues are set to Triagers & reports only, but there are 2 bugs come to light so far.

This is @doobie322 Resident's bug.
During the forum migration, some single name accounts, UsernameA have all their old forum content under an account name of the form UserNameA148830wxyz

Some single name accounts, UsernameB have all their old content under UsernameB, but when they login to the forum, a new forum account is created under the name "UsernameB Resident" with none of their old forum content attached to "UsernameB Resident".

• Like 1

On 4/11/2017 at 4:48 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I think this is another version of the username problem - related to Resident display names.

@doobie322 ... The guy (DeanT Scout) told me the in-world profile thing is a known issue, and pointed me to this Jira:  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-10415

As far as the forums are concerned, he simply said "the community site has undergone some recent changes, and things are still settling from the changes".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.