Mesh and Bento

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2241 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I finally relented, and am now completely mesh and bento. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. For almost 10 years I looked like, well, Aislin! I think this is really going to take some getting used to, but it really is cool! I bought one of the Catwa bento heads and the Maitraya Lara mesh body. My shape looked pretty bad with the head, and unfortunately, my old shape wasn't mod (yeah, it was old...lol. I've had different versions of the same shape since Ais was around a year old) so I bought one of the better known vloggers shapes. I messed around with the sliders, and I'm quite happy with her, she is really pretty (to me). It's just odd logging in and seeing a stranger. O.o9_9 I might even try different hair colors! lol! 

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin
  • Like 1

Don't worry about your old shape. I have a collection of mesh avatars, at first I tried them all with my very own, made long ago, and tweaked over the years shape. But it didn't really work for any of them...  I've ended up with a different shape file for each of them. I was able to get my Maitreya body close enough to my classic shape that I can wear a fair amount of my old mesh clothing. But it needed different slider values to look more or less the same as my old shape on the classic avatar.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

This Short Thread real says it all.  Well, all I answers I will ever need are here, that is.

While I am not 'all that' historically in SL, I get around, and I did not want to change my familiarity.

And the implausibly screwed up demo shapes - given the price of the real shape - should have a laugh track scripted along.

Because I felt like a complete fool ticking those sliders back and forth endlessly searching for the pieces of me I saw in the store image.

Because my shape was just a basic self-slidden portrait upon a  SL Avatar, what could be so difficult about a little learning curve and some reading.

Hours & Evenings later, I am still firm in my resolve to do my best and move on with the newer me.  I have blown enough Lindens to purchase a Bay City 2048sqm sim.

And I did it well informed, or so I thought.  But I am so joyful that RL took me away as the 2016 mesh rolled in - I got the gist and was gone - with not a single Linden spent on 'Mesh'.

I returned this year with no thought of Mesh Shapes.  SL looked the same - grey & tan - then suddenly naked Avi's strutting away from the TP.  Half of my manifold LMs are bare sim lots.

Now, a late comer and way behind the fashion curve, the rezzing imagery increasingly caught my eye - "Wow", I thought, "how beautiful, and on my laptop".  But it was Mesh and since then I have turned the page.

I have the links, I have the tuts, and this time I have a reason to use blender - and read the blender manual.

For anyone who has searched hard enough to find this short little thread - Profit! - because when I see you in world, you are going to be spectacularly you.

That was Cathartic.

Love Christ =~..@=

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2241 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.