Medhue Simoni

Sansar Vs Second Life - Discussion

Well, there's a mutually-exclusive concept here, though.

"Creators beta" is for creators, people who create. "Everyone" is not people who can create. 

Lag of lag is not a game changer for me.

On 7/24/2017 at 7:08 PM, Phoebe Avro said:

I doubt Sansar will be open to the public this year, I was invited months ago and could not log in,

It goes like this: LL gets bright idea. Idea flops. Time for a new CEO.

We seem to be right on schedule. You only need to worry if we stop getting new CEOs after the flops.

• Like 1

From what I have learned so far about SANSAR it seems to be dead on arrival. This is my opinion based on items I have read. I have no direct experience with SANSAR.

22 minutes ago, JoeDex said:

From what I have learned so far about SANSAR it seems to be dead on arrival. This is my opinion based on items I have read. I have no direct experience with SANSAR.

Nobody can possibly know, at this point in time, what it will or won't become.

30 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Nobody can possibly know, at this point in time, what it will or won't become.

That is why it is an opinion and not a fact. 

7 hours ago, JoeDex said:

No one can say a lot about at the moment. Sansar is opened for a small bunch of people, who are invited and asked to upload their 3D objects and setup their "Sansar experience". Probably nothing else.
The only thing you can do, while visiting one of that experiences, is to walk around. And you just walk in a very slow and silly looking way.
While exploring I could not find any animation menu, no inventory, no gestures, actually nothing. I didnt even meet another avatar, to which i could talk to.

So i guess, the creators access is just a very simple and small sandbox where we can upload and test, how our creations are going to workout inside of Sansar.
I hope and im almost sure, the public beta offers the whole bandwith of functionality we expect from a virtual world that wants to be at least something similar like SL.

Chin up!

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
typo

32 minutes ago, Medhue Simoni said:

I talk a bit about all the different viable worlds.

Great cat of course. Fun.

Meanwhile about commissions.  Kitely charges 30% AND you have to wait 45 days to get your money. Still, you can charge and get more for your products than in SL so there is that consideration -- that BOTTOM LINE THING :D.  A comment on the video by Maxwell Graf sounded like Sansar prices were going to be much higher than current SL prices (which of course are much lower than they were several years go).  So I don't think you can JUST focus on the commission percentage -- the whole package needs to be looked at. 

That being said there will be a learning curve to deal with of course and not everyone is going to want to delve into that in a market that may or may not be profitable. 

Also, not sure what real life galleries you were in but typically art galleries charge 50% or MORE commission on art works in my part of the world. These aren't barbershops but actual art galleries. So not exactly sure where your 15% works in :D but not  a uniform percentage for sure. I am on the West Coast USA. There are of course places where you can show your art for free. Chances of selling anything is minimal though. 

52 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Also, not sure what real life galleries you were in but typically art galleries charge 50% or MORE commission on art works in my part of the world. These aren't barbershops but actual art galleries. So not exactly sure where your 15% works in :D but not  a uniform percentage for sure. I am on the West Coast USA. There are of course places where you can show your art for free. Chances of selling anything is minimal though. 

Anyplace that has dogs playing poker is a gallery to me. Great art!

13 hours ago, JoeDex said:

That is why it is an opinion and not a fact.

Yes, I know this is just your opinion. But what did these other people say that caused you to suspect Sansar will be DOA?

Whenever I think of Sansar, I think it's just a platform for interactive advertising. Interactive commercials. 

• Like 1

Open creator beta will be open very soon, if your lucky enough to be able to log in lol, I can see the support being overwhelmed with people that can't get in due to crashing,

Sansar had a software update the other day I hoped it would fix my not being able to log in but it didn't,

@Luna Bliss What all mentioned is that the world does not seem ready. Sort of like looking at a stage prop. Great from a distance but crudely made up close.  That the world was designed with VR in mind but that VR has not taken off as predicted. So a partially baked world that is optimized for something that may fade is not very exciting. You can read for yourself. Wired did an article, I think ars did one( I may be wrong about that my memory is not the best), New World Notes has had several. 

In the beginning it will be very hot; that is to be expected. What I gather is that SANSAR has taken SL and stripped out the mass creativity for a video game interface. If I want a videogame there are better choices.

22 hours ago, JoeDex said:

I have no direct experience with SANSAR.

Joe is right he has no direct experience with SANSAR.

However I do as a current content creator there, and dont worry Joe - Pandy still loves you. *kiss kiss* :x

On 7/26/2017 at 4:33 AM, Resi Pfeffer said:

So, in a few weeks we all can build ingame in a sandbox, interact with other avatars, driving vehicles with real physics and no lag, dancing to music, etc...

... And waiting each time.

On 28.7.2017 at 1:10 AM, Zsigmond Alcott said:

Joe is right he has no direct experience with SANSAR.

A very important warning here: do not judge Sansar by how it's presented by media. They're not really interested and even if they bother to cover it at all, they're not going to waste time and effort on any in-depth research.

But the fact that they are not interested, is interesting and quite worrying too. Second Life users meet Sansar with a cheer or a sneer, the rest of the world meets it with a shrug.

Since I'm posting here again, to recap the essence of my previous posts:

• Sansar is not Second Life 2 - it lacks most of the attractions that still keep people in Second Life, most importantly the people themselves.
  • Sansar is not the new big virtual reality for a wider market - the entry thershold is far too high for that
  • Sansar is not the cutting edge state-of-the-art virtual reality - it's not even close.

What Sansar is, or rather promises to become, is a perfectly ok mid range online game engine. Nothing more and nothing less. The online integration is what sets it apart from the rest and if Linden Lab can get that right, Sansar stands a good chance of becoming a viable option to many customers.

I won't be going. Eight years in Second life was hard enough to learn. With 100k inventory and store, I'm here forever. I honestly can't move my arms like that. Or wear headgear. I just can't be bothered. 

@COCA Yven tldr ... I'm sorry, but I tried. Somewhere in there your message was lost, perhaps to fluff.

Edited by Chase01

Well, anybody can see for themselves now.

I suppose that means the NDAs have expired too.