Q: RE the 10k prim increase to a region

Dictatorshop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I understand that it is possible to increase the prim count for a region by paying an additional monthly fee.  My question is this, do we get any server increase with this to help offset additional scripts and whatnot?  Or is it just the exact same server configuration with just more prims?  Is there any increase to the robustness of the sim when you pay to have this increase or am I just borrowing more lag for everyone if I do it?  Anyone know?

I don't think they've said, but maybe somebody will correct me. My hunch is that this is just flipping a switch to change an accounting limit on the existing server, nothing more.

Typically, even if they increased server capacity immensely, people would experience the same lag increase, because with more prims, there's more stuff to rez and render -- so viewer-side lag, which is a more common occurrence than server-side these days.

(Certainly servers can still lag, but it's just not such a frequent complaint anymore, whereas viewer lag just keeps getting worse despite lots of resources invested in trying to reduce the problems.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.