Firestorm Viewer "Possible Friends" tab

Chassie Rowley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

It's suggested friends based on Facebook connections.

I never really played with this feature but I *think* you will have UsernameA in the "Possible" friends tab of the people panel if, you currently have the viewer connected to Facebook (Comm -> Facebook), you are Facebook friends with UsernameA, UsernameA has connected their viewer to their Facebook account and you are not already friends with Username A on Second Life.

For those that want to poke at it in more details, code commits are HERE

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Ew.  I have never bothered with this either.  I barely even look at Facebook's suggestions for friends.  I dislike and distrust computer attempts at matchmaking.

FB: Hi!!! Jim Jones is a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend, you should be their friend too!!! 

Me: Ummm, no. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

It's suggested friends based on Facebook connections.

I never really played with this feature but I *think* you will have UsernameA in the "Possible" friends tab of the people panel if, you currently have the viewer connected to Facebook (Comm -> Facebook), you are Facebook friends with UsernameA, UsernameA has connected their viewer to their Facebook account and you are not already friends with Username A on Second Life.

For those that want to poke at it in more details, code commits are HERE

I appreciate the responses. It's good to know others have the same feelings about this feature. I have absolutely no use for it. Now if LL can come up with "Possible Restaurants" in my area, "Possible Pets" I may have in the future or maybe "Possible Vacation" dates, I can deal better with it. The idea may look good on paper, but in practice...hello?.

I'm not a coder so I has to ask, how would I implement these codes to stop (and delete) any suggested "friends" (should I offer the FB gods a Pepsi?)?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CharlieMack Resident said:

[ ... ]

I'm not a coder so I has to ask, how would I implement these codes to stop (and delete) any suggested "friends" (should I offer the FB gods a Pepsi?)?

I suggest taking the tried and true approach of ignoring them.  They are harmless and can only be annoying if you let them be. 9_9  That's my approach to all facebooky things, personally.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.