Cannot send snapshots to email

Maybe Lunasea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to send photos/snapshots to my email and I keep getting a error window that tells me to enter my email....it's already entered. when I enter it again I get the same error. I have tried everything down to doing a clean install. I don't know what to try next is there something I could have missed?

16 answers to this question

The postcard feature (snapshot to email)  got broken accidentally when LL started obfuscating the account email address sent from the simulator to the viewer.
It's been fixed but not all viewers have released with the fix yet.

If you switch to the latest release of the LL viewer when you want to send a postcard, it should work now: Downloads | Second Life

TPV's should release with the fix soon if yours hasn't already.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
I can't spell...
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Maybe Lunasea said:

I am trying to send photos/snapshots to my email and I keep getting a error window that tells me to enter my email....it's already entered. when I enter it again I get the same error. I have tried everything down to doing a clean install. I don't know what to try next is there something I could have missed?

I am sorry to have to tell you that this feature has been discontinued, even though it is listed as an option. There was some kind of security issue and according to Oz Linden, this feature was switched off because of it, and it was decided, because (apparently) not many residents were using this, having the alternative options of saving to disk, uploading to social media directly, etc., they were not switching back on the option to send snapshots to email.

It personally upsets me, because -dinosaur I may be - sending emails to myself or others was always one of my favourite things to be able to do.

• Like 1

If you don't want to switch viewers, there are Ways.

• Save the snapshot to your hard drive, then attach it to an email.
  • Upload it to Facebook and share it

Ewww.  Don't kiss Phil's stinky old feet, Marigold...you can kiss mine instead.  We'll let Phil watch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

The postcard feature (snapshot to email)  got broken accidentally when LL started obfuscating the account email address sent from the simulator to the viewer.
It's been fixed but not all viewers have released with the fix yet.

If you switch to the latest release of the LL viewer when you want to send a postcard, it should work now: Downloads | Second Life

TPV's should release with the fix soon if yours hasn't already.

So pleased to know about this, Whirly, Could kiss your feet (but I won't!) (and Phil too) :D

Edited by Marigold Devin
and Phil
  • Like 1

If you won't kiss my feet, Marigold, can I kiss yours instead please? :D

I'd never noticed the feature before, not having wished such a thing existed, but now I know that it's there, I might even find a use for it. I only learned about it in this thread, from which I decided to test it, since Whirly thought that it should work.

6 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

If you won't kiss my feet, Marigold, can I kiss yours instead please? :D

I'd never noticed the feature before, not having wished such a thing existed, but now I know that it's there, I might even find a use for it. I only learned about it in this thread, from which I decided to test it, since Whirly thought that it should work.

I'd be most honoured, actually, and I do keep mine scrupulously scrubbed.

You never noticed the snapshot-to-email feature? This has truly been one of my favourite features in Second Life, only because I've (almost obsessively) kept a diary, and in the "olden days" some of my real life friends would like to see what I was getting up to in my seemingly bizarre second life.  

I actually used it today :)

Nope. I never noticed it. Taking a snapshot has been a very rare event for me. The last time I did was probably quite a few years ago.

Now about these feet of yours... How would you like us to do it? - send them to me? or bring them to me? :D

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I actually used it today :)

Nope. I never noticed it. Taking a snapshot has been a very event for me. The last time I did was probably quite a few years ago.

Now about these feet of yours... How would you like us to do it? - send them to me? or bring them to me? :D

What a doll's head I truly am.  I can send you a spare pair of feet/ankles. In SL !   

3 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I don't blame you for prefering to stay away from me. I would too, if I could. So send them. Do you want them back with my lipstick still on them, or should I wash them before returning them?

Of course, if the rest of you is still attached to them, I wouldn't complain :D

/me blushes and fans my face. 

Oddly I was just looking at this range of nude lipsticks - a marketing email came my way just today with this info on it.

I always share.

motherpucker.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.