Ok, here I am :D

mediavatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

^_^ Well, this is me in Second Life.

Sometimes I change clothes according to the occasion, :) but never of appearance since I made to my avatar the most similar to myself in the real life (obviously yes there are some "failures" to be a digital model :D).

• Like 1

Jajaja.... I'm not Bree, I just try to made my avatar in the body, the most similar to me in the RL. But yes, Madelaine! I closed the camera to take that picture, so... I think is a focal effect of the lens jajaja....

Thank you, Madelaine!

Edited by mediavatar Resident
  • Like 1

Nice, It is great you like your RL look so well you want to duplicate it in SL, For me one of the beauties of SL is that I can look different, Fabulous here as opposed to ordinary in RL.

• Like 2

I also think so, Talligur. For my SL has a difference also with my life in RL, but that is precisely one of my goals in wanting to look like myself being in another type of life that is not what I have, although I only maintain my appearance and my work doing it that I can not in my RL.

Edited by mediavatar Resident

The SL camera has a fisheye effect which is quite noticeable, in the case of your arms, and even distorts faces when people zoom too close making their noses more prominent. Pressing ctrl-0 decreases the fisheye when moving in close to take picture. Be sure to reset the camera ctrl-9 after you are done.

• Like 2

The default SL camera angle of view is okay for landscape work, but not for portraiture. Firestorm's camera settings tool lets you pick a more face friendly view angle (focal length). Here's a comparison I just made between the default angle of view (1.048) and the longest view possible (0.08), which is effectively telephoto. The image on the top is the normal SL view angle, the bottom is telephoto...

58eeb55d542ea_MaddyCameraDemo2.thumb.jpg.aeaf4487eca31d10e68ffb8f497b05b6.jpg

This alone is reason enough for me to use Firestorm.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, mediavatar Resident said:

Thank you, Madelaine, really! From what I understand then, Firestorm serves me more when I want to take a self-portrait? And... is that a camera setup, or is it a different viewer than SLViewer?

By the way, Great pictures!

Firestorm is one of many third party viewers. It has additional tools, like one that allows easy setting of various camera parameters. You can change those settings in the official viewer as well, but it's done through "debug" settings and is more tedious. If you like twisting the knobs on a camera, Firestorm's worth a look.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mediavatar Resident said:

Jajaja... Thank you, Talligurl! I promise I'll be more careful next time in choosing my clothes.

Haha, don't mind her. You look great to be new in SL. You find your style and stick to it.

You can find others    but not so many men.... in the Vanity thread. It was some guys posting there, maybe we can chase them back. It's a fine place to find inspiration.

Oh, and it is a totally free hairstyle to find a the new Exile mainstore. It looks very much like your hair, but it is great to have some hair to switch between? You also get all the colors possible in that gift, in case you suddenly want to be redhaired ;)

• Like 2

On 13.4.2017 at 1:02 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

The default SL camera angle of view is okay for landscape work, but not for portraiture. Firestorm's camera settings tool lets you pick a more face friendly view angle (focal length). Here's a comparison I just made between the default angle of view (1.048) and the longest view possible (0.08), which is effectively telephoto. The image on the top is the normal SL view angle, the bottom is telephoto...

58eeb55d542ea_MaddyCameraDemo2.thumb.jpg.aeaf4487eca31d10e68ffb8f497b05b6.jpg

This alone is reason enough for me to use Firestorm.

I have been in SL for NINE years, closer to ten, and you learn me something new today! :D

Most of these years, I have used Firestorm, and Phoenix before. I want to rip out my real and virtual hair, thinking how I have struggled to cam in just the right position in all these years....

• Like 2

Thank you for supporting my new photo !, Marianne. Online I had many avatars comments (I come from the war, which is my real name because I look like a demon, who have wanted to f*** me, etc.).

I was already thinking of changing my picture again (my picture only, my avatar I keep it, because I'm myself in the game) because it seemed that I was causing problems (it was what I thought) but that word of encouragement of yours encourages me to leave my picture there, thank you very much!

I promise to go visit the place and check some things.

And don't worry so much for the right position for the camera of Firestorm, unless you are a photographer, because is not a real camera, is just a camera for a game (I think... or not?).

• 1 month later...

Well the time is past, and now I have an avatar character most close to the fantasy rol.....

This is, and my new name is "The Night of the White Moon" centered in the book of Miguel de Cervantes named "Don Quijote de la Mancha". When in the final battle the reality (characterized by The Night of the White Moon) defeat at the Quijote (character what represent the fantasy).

mediavatar.png

Edited by mediavatar
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.