Mesh Clothes rendering

Veekay Navarathna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes it takes time to rezz mesh clothes. My PC is blazing fast an my net is 100 times faster than the day I started in SL. I'm all mesh now body head clothes everything so it takes me about 45 seconds to fully rezz when I first log in. Going to shopping events with lots of avi's is fun because its like a nudists colony for awhile. 

8 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Patience is all you need.  It takes time for everything to download and the more people there are the more time it will take.  20Mbps should be enough for a stable connection but it is still on the lower end.

To the OP.   It isn't your connection speed. I run at 16Mbps and can have three or more avatars on (on Ultra) without a problem.  Unless of course you are on wireless -- that could be an issue. More likely it is your computer which isn't all that hefty.

If you turn up your jellydoll setting (not logged in so not sure what the official name is but the setting that lets you render others beyond a threshold as solid colors) that might help in crowded areas.

Good luck. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

My download speed tops out at around 230mbps and I still have to wait at times. Like Chic suggested, use the "Maximum Complexity" slider to set a cap on rendering avatars of a certain complexity. I usually do this at events only but if your PC is struggling it will help. There is also an option to ensure that "friends are always rendered" and you can select an avatar and choose to render them as an exception as well.

Here is some info from LL on two settings that I've found helpful for managing lag in crowded spaces.

Maximum Complexity

"If an avatar in your view is too complex for your system to draw efficiently, it may cause your viewer performance to degrade severely. To help manage this problem, there is a 'Maximum Avatar Complexity' preference setting (Preferences > Graphics). The default value of that preference depends on how powerful your graphics subsystem is and what graphics level you choose. Any avatar whose complexity is above the value of that setting is drawn as a solid color silhouette and without attachments, greatly reducing their impact on your viewer performance."

RenderAvatarMaxNonImposters

The maximum number of avatars closest to your camera who may be fully rendered. Avatars beyond those will be rendered as 'imposters', which means that the rendering will be a little simpler and they will be updated less frequently. Increasing this value can cost you in performance if you're in a crowd.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.