Marigold Devin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 5/10/2017 at 4:02 AM, CheriColette said:

230 people looking and only a few members, all the rest are 'guests' 

Long, long ago I did a short bit of research with a few other people/mods on gaming forums.  The numbers were pretty consistent across games and genres.  Basically 8% of the people who use an online game will visit a forum for that game.  Also, of those that do visit a forum, only 8% will post.

So if those number still hold almost 20 years later (and I believe they do) ... if 230 people were looking, only 18 or so were registered members.

Folks, as I do work in the forum/website industry I can tell you why IPB decide to remove the online indicator from public view. Mainly because it is not much of an importance anymore, but for some folks they do disagree. As we would like to know if a user or Linden is online sure, I am sure in the near future this will be added in an IPB update but for now folks just use the online status page/user card or Linden Labs is welcome to add a plugin that has been wrote up to allow folks to see the online indictors like some other pieces of software (Xenforo, vBulletin, MyBB, etc) show on their software still.

For those who are curious what I mean by a add-on, check this link out: https://invisionpower.com/files/file/7853-online-indicator/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.