Marigold Devin

59 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

How on earth do you find this stuff?

It all started when I found my Christmas presents stashed behind my parents wardrobe.... 

No, seriously, it was 95% fluke, and 5% trying to guess Linden people's passwords O.o

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

On the old forums, there was a quick link to see who was actually online, and I miss that.

Still finding this a little hard to drive. 

Found what I was looking for now.

https://community.secondlife.com/online

And it says what everyone is doing at the moment - good stalking material here.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And it says what everyone is doing at the moment - good stalking material here.

It could be! :/

properstalking.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Ack, another way for us to profile each other! Now we're gonna have "look at target" drama.

;-).

Oh yes, people will flip out over this. o.O

12 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

No, seriously, it was 95% fluke, and 5% trying to guess Linden people's passwords

You try to guess their passwords? lol. I think you mean that you tried to guess what file/folder names they would use, right? ;)

That's exactly what <I forgot her name> did when the GSA came in, to discover how traffic influenced the rankings. Maybe she wasn't looking to find out about traffic, but that's what she found. I did the same and found it, after she told me what she did. in that case, it was .../start. It was the search engine crawler's starting location and, from it, it was easy to see what LL did so that traffic could play a small part in the rankings. They later changed it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

You try to guess their passwords? lol. I think you mean that you tried to guess what file/folder names they would use, right? ;)

Guessing their passwords is one alternative to sleeping with them to see if they talk in their sleep...

Edited by Klytyna

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

Of course. 

Plus its getting close to Easter, I thought there might be some nice things to find too. Hoped. ;)

We often get people admitting to being lurkers, and I imagine that lurkers lurk most of time without actually logging in, so they'd show up as Guest most of the time. There are also the search engine spiders/crawlers which show up if very frequently. Many of them may be auto-posters (spammers), or bots as Pamela put it, and aren't able to post due to measures taken by SuperTom and the crew. My guess is that lurkers account for most of the Guest listings.

• Like 1