You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Check your animation overrider (AO). It replaces default animations with new ones so perhaps an idle animation or something is replaced with a running one. You could just remove your AO and see what happens. Are you double tapping a move key? Or making your avatar jump?

8 hours ago, JenniferAnneSL Resident said:

Often when I first log in, and almost always when I bring the sim up after having minimized it for a few minutes, my Avatar is shown running not standing or sitting as it was when I minimized it.  Any suggestions or help to correct this? Thanks! 

ehm you can not minimize a sim... it is 256x256 meters.. all the time.

It sounds to me as normal lag, everything loading takes all resources from your machine/connection for a bit.

Rhonda,  

I am running in place. i assume that they can, but I am not certain since no one has commented.  I have noticed a relatively few avatars doing the same at times.   I use Firestorm.  And yes, I meant the viewer.  I apologize to Alwin for not being technically correct.  Fortunately, given Phil's response, I think most understood my what I meant.

My avi occasionally does the "running man dance" thing when logging in, but it seems to me that this usually happens when I log in on 'uneven terrain' and it takes a few seconds for the sim and my client to sync up and decide I'm not jogging down hill.

Once in a while I've noticed this occurring when I've returned to a session where I had been gone long enough to go into "away" status and my avatar had sat down.  When I move the mouse my avatar has stood up and ran in place for a few seconds.  When that happens, I usually tap an arrow key, and the avatar stops running - I don't know if clicking the arrow key is what stops it, or if it's just the timing. 

1 hour ago, JenniferAnneSL Resident said:

I apologize to Alwin for not being technically correct.  Fortunately, given Phil's response, I think most understood my what I meant.

no need to apologize. And i did understand also quite well what you meant.  But think there's nothing wrong with explaning such things. If you ever get other problems it's mostly very usefull to talk about the same and not have to guess what you mean.

He was an ordinary user, like us. I think that he's the only one who went from being a user to a Linden and was allowed to keep his first username - Torley. LL doesn't generally want we users to know that a Linden was one of us. Although there was one whose job had a lot to do with the forum. I don't think she lasted long. She seemed to disappear after she posted that she's sitting back with the popcorn; i.e. watching for all the flack to be posted. Also, there was one who I knew as a user, and then as a Linden, but she wouldn't tell who she was as a user, dammit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.