Binding mouse buttons to gestures

agentronin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

In Firestorm need to play gestures available at Comm => Gestures not just by keyboard shortcut keys, but also by mouse keys. When I edit a gesture I do not see mouse keys listed in the "Shortcut Key:" selection boxes. Can a mouse button be bound to a gesture in Firestorm? Or does this have to be done in the operating system?

My OS is Ubuntu.

Edited by agentronin

6 answers to this question

I doubt that you can do it the way that you want to, but someone in Firestorm's support group should be able to tell you.  I suggest asking there.

If you're only using the left mouse button, you could of course use a script that has a control event triggered by CONTROL_LBUTTON or CONTROL_ML_LBUTTON.

LSL only provides access to the left mouse button with llTakeControls, so if your mouse has extra buttons you will probably need to find an API to access them.  That's beyond the scope of things we can help with here.  Although you may get lucky and find someone else in your RP group with the same mouse, I think your best bet may be to ask in a user forum specifically for the Logitech mouse

15 hours ago, agentronin Resident said:

Programing to play key-presses is what I will have to do. Right now I do not know how to do that in my OS which is Ubuntu.

This will be a two step process.  First, see your mouse documentation and/or the software that came with it to assign keyboard keys or key combinations to various mouse buttons.  Then, use the same keys or combinations as gesture triggers.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.